NYU ED I Class of 2025

Can you tell me exactly what you see?

My friend sees both her fafsa and css thing checked but then there’s another x that says fafsa verification

I looked this up on NYU’s website and apparently it’s based off of random selection or if there is conflicting information. They’re required to verify a certain percentage. Also, fin aid and admissions work separately so having it shouldn’t affection admissions either way.

my nyu portal has always bypased the 2FA, it’s always showed up saying it’s required to login but it also always goes thru after 5 seconds

1 Like

Mine too!

1 Like

I got it too. NYU should’ve emailed her stating she was selected for verification around November 20th (that’s when I got it). I have no clue why they do this, but I qualify for an in-state scholarship they offer and I assumed that’s why they asked bc you need to show proof of income to be considered. I’ve also seen a trend with very low-income families get a request for verification because they tend to get the bulk of aid at NYU. Tell your friend to contact NYU asap bc if she didn’t verify it may affect her aid.

yea my portal always bypassed it too it was just today that it changed

hmm mine didn’t change :frowning_face: it still bypasses

2 Likes

shoot i didn’t get it what did it ask you to do?

i do! its been marked as received since nov. 21…it was related to idoc

I have a question: my first language was Russian and I’m not the best speaker which is why I chose to minor in Russian at nyu. do you think it’s bad that I’m minoring in my first language?

i had multi factor authentication on since ~ late october…its probably because i logged into my portal so much haha

does it just say “multi-factor authentication is required to sign in” and simply log you in after that? if that’s the case, mine has been on since the beginning of my account but i’m not sure

Same here!

@moistegg03 @SternBoi it says that but then it requires me to accept my log in from the duo mobile app

I have the same thing as you

does any1 else have the duo push thing where you have to accept your log in from the dup mobile app?

nope

yeah

oh thank goodness its not just me ahahah i was super nervous for a sec