NYU ED I Class of 2025

I honestly do believe my essay is pretty strong and I’ve been told by multiple people that they are.

Here are some ec that I’m in…

President of environmental club (9-12)
Head of the makeup crew for theatre (9-12)
key club (10-12)
DECA (12)
NHS
Science national honor society
Spanish honor society
International thespian honor society
Rho kappa honor society
Volunteer at a hospice center
Hostess at a restaurant

1 Like

My school doesn’t give us our uw gpa but I’m guessing it’s around a 3.85 or 3.9

I also had it. Supposedly Random

It would be epic if NYU just dropped the decisions today but oh well

12 Likes

Do you guys think a lot of people applied this round because I can’t remember the last time NYU released decisions so late

1 Like

i think it’s just the way the calendar falls this year. usually, they release 1, 2, or 3 days early, but they can’t release Fri-Sun and i guess today (10th) was TOO early. maybe they’ll release on Monday instead of Tuesday? so many colleges are releasing late this year - i heard the ivies are coming out on the 17th!

(sorry if this doesn’t make sense haha)

3 Likes

Impossible to know, but with the office working remotely, chances are it is just taking longer. Common App was down overall, but NYU could very well be up for ED.

2 Likes

They have released results on the weekend before but yea I hope the # of applicants is not too high :sob:

1 Like

I mean i would personally be shocked if it was MORE than last year.

Agreed, I think it will probably be close to last years rather numbers rather than an increase like we’ve seen in previous years.

tbh, i think applicants could have gone up or down
UP: NYU is fully test optional, applicant numbers have been increasing for years consistently

DOWN: NYU is very costly, and a lot of people can’t afford such an expensive school in a pandemic; NYU mismanaged the pandemic at first so less people may have wanted to apply; fewer international kids could apply cause of visas

3 Likes

I hope y’all know that Duke, Harvard(30% increase), Cornell(38% increase), MIT, UGA, GT, UVA, Brown(18% increase), and more have all released that early apps were up. Test optional allows sm more people to apply so you know damn well more ED apps this year too.

This is all true but NYU is stingy with aid which hurts more this year. It could 100% go either way with test-optional- we’ll see

2 Likes

Seriously doubt it. Double Digit percentages are absolutely insane. To think that apps would go down is wishful thinking imo.

overall apps on common app were down, as well as fafsa applications, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that perhaps they could be down for nyu. It’s likely that it’s just increasing for the t20s because people are giving it an “oh what the hell” mentality. I could also be very wrong who know

2 Likes

Exactly my thought. You can only apply to 1 ED, so if borderline students decided to go for T10/T20’S it MAY reduce NYU ed. Just speculation, but, we’ll see soon enough

Lmao overall apps isn’t an indicator to the amount of people applying to top tier schools.

Hello guys, I have a question if I have not received the invitation for the weekend at NUY Abu Dabhi then I was not accepted ?. Do you think I should wait? Do you know someone who was not invited to the NUY Abu Dabhi weekend but was accepted? I hope you guys answer me. Thank you

Any chance they will post the decision before the 15th despite the recent tweet/insta post for the 15th??? Trying to be hopeful hahah

1 Like

Hi everyone!! Any Tandon people here?