NYU ED I Class of 2025

@w11nf0 Are you an international student? I think I was requested because I needed financial aid. But last year when I applied I did not receive and was rejected. Maybe your CSS profile is strong? Even mine is, I am not quite sure about it. Also only 10-15 colleges participates in IDOC and that excludes NYU and its only considered if they request the student specifically.

I don’t know, they may treat ED and RD differently. As I said it is my understanding that in ED the FA office processes all applications for aid without knowing the admissions outcome so they can quickly release it all at once by decision date - there is only 6 weeks or so to get through 15k applications. For RD, with ~70k applications last year but more time to process them, they may only get sent to FA once they are admitted. I am not trying to be negative - I just don’t want you to get your hopes up. I do recall a few cases reported here in past years where people were contacted by the FA office for more information during ED and some were admitted but others were denied or deferred. I just don’t think it’s definitive.

@SJ2727 OHH that makes sense… I can’t wait any longer :(.

no i’m not international, but i also requested fin aid lmao

@w11nf0 Oh lol then ur FAFSA is more than enough I guess? We all are in a helluva state of anxiety :confused: Last year i did not even get requested to submit IDOC, I was surprised when they asked. I already submitted CSS profile and now this (IDOC) today.

Are there any other students who got a request to submit IDOC? Also any international student?

hey, i applied ed1 to rory meyers for gph+nursing.

my stats are 3.64 UW (ish, might be higher or lower) , 3.94 (ish) W, 34 act (35e, 36r, 34s, 31m)

3 ap’s before senior year- ap bio, chem, lang (my school doesn’t allow you to take more than like 4-5 so i think i took an average amount), currently taking 8 ap’s in my senior year
→ submitted one 5 test score for lang

dual-enrolled in 3 classes (2 were health-related)

activities: top 5 debate nationally, 275+ hrs of hospital volunteering as a lab assistant, internship with stanford, lots of tutoring for underserved communities (homeless, special ed, overseas developing countries, etc.), cultural club officer positions, private tutoring work experience, some leadership for social justice in my school district, lots of music awards for piano/songwriting

rec: ap science(s) teacher (i had her for 3 years and although i didn’t get the best grades i think she knows i worked really hard in her class and apparently her letters of rec are awesome, ap lang teacher (doesn’t rly know me but i got p good grades in her class)

essays: i’d say my common app and why nyu essays were both around a 8.5 out of 10
additional info: talked about trauma and whatnot

kind of a chance me just wanted to know if anyone has any info on how competitive the major is that i’m applying for bc there’s virtually no info online and i’m getting antsy thinking abt decision day so looking for some solace haha

Are there any other students who got a request to submit IDOC? Also any international student?

Hey! I did & I’m not international. I wanted to ask did you have to submit it by the 24th? I found it really weird they only gave us like 3 days to send it all in lmao

Hey! I applied to only the nursing program but I think you have a super good chance with your ECs. As for the competitiveness, idk about the gph prgram, but for the traditional nursing program, one of the admissions officers told me the acceptance rate for co2024 was 15%. Also, there are only about 60 nursing students in the undergraduate nursing program each class.

@kaylani45 I know rightttt. I properly didn’t fill bcz of it wasn’t applicable for international students. Just submitted the Tax returns.

I send my IDOC details on the 23rd of November but then idk how to check the status properly. It says it’s been processed. I send 2-3 mails to NYU regarding my submission of IDOC details. If they miss our financial verification detail it will affect our financial aid drastically. Mine financial verification in the portal still says “awaiting”. What about you?

oh no only 60??? do you think the 15% acceptance rate means that fewer people apply to the program? bc if my math is correct that means only 400 people apply and that seems suspiciously low oh gosh i’m getting really anxious :frowning:

from my knowledge nyu doesn’t participate in IDOC so it might have been for a different school. i got a request but it was for other schools. i’m not sure if the process is different for international students, sorry :((

I have no clue. Thats what the admissions officer told me but she might have made a mistake. I do know there’s only around 60 though because I get a magazine from NYU every month and it gives the number of undergrads for each school, and for Meyers it said about 60. However, Im not surprised there aren’t many applicants applying. Its rare to see a nursing major apply right after hs and especially to such a prestigious school since there are many colleges that offer nursing.

1 Like

Heyy. No no I got a request from NYU only and NYU’s financial aid office had contacted me 3 days ago regarding my IDOC documents.

It says NYU doesn’t participate in IDOC and none shud send documents until and unless we specifically request from the applicants… and they requested me to send the IDOC

@mondaze Heyy. No no I got a request from NYU only and NYU’s financial aid office had contacted me 3 days ago regarding my IDOC documents.

It says NYU doesn’t participate in IDOC and none shud send documents until and unless we specifically request from the applicants… and they requested me to send the IDOC

NYU doesn’t participate in IDOC unless they specifically ask you to do it. I got an email from NYU asking to do it and so did @Nithinng . I’ve heard other students do this before but they don’t ask everyone, just a few. Idk why though.

Omg me too. I sent in my IDOC stuff on the 22nd and everything just got officially processed yesterday. I actually emailed NYU’s financial aid office about this same exact problem and they told me they got all my documents even though IDOC said it wasn’t officially processed. Maybe they can still see it as long as you just upload it?

oh i see i had no idea i was just going off the information from the website… really weird that they only request from some people though

@kaylani45 If that’s the case then it’s peaceful dude. The thing is when I opened IDPC. It didn’t show the due date. It was just blank. Only thing I cud see was, NYU requested. Other than that, no due date and what all to be submitted. Lucky that I submitted before 24th or November