NYU ED I Class of 2025

we r looking at a rly small sample size tho n ppl on these threads r prolly very strong applicants. I’ve seen rly strong applicants without it too so idk ig the question is why would some have it n others wouldn’t but ig we’ll just find out tomorrow

what major at tisch did you apply for? you’re the first tisch person I’ve found on here lol

@fortress2020 housing changes seemed totally random the year she got in. Some had them, some didn’t, some meant something, some didn’t :woman_shrugging: . I seem to recall there were a couple changes the morning decisions were released that were more clearly signals of being admitted but sorry I don’t recall exactly what they were, and there were people who got in with no changes beforehand.

I would also add that seeing spring 2021 for anything can’t possibly mean anything, because none of you are eligible to register for that semester. Another indication imo that these are not actually signals.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing the information, i guess none of these hacks actually mean anything, we will just have to wait.

1 Like

drama !! most arts kids arent browsing the web on forums from what ive seen haha ive only seen 1 other tisch kid on here and she goes to my school and joined cc cuz of me LOL. on a2c i never see tisch kids either – ig cause our application process is diff a lot of arts kids aren’t wasting their time on cc/reddit?

2 Likes

exactly! I applied for film and haven’t really seen another applicant. It’s hard to go after what people on this forum say cuz our application process is so different. Since auditions/portfolios are 50%, if you have an average gpa and good essays your’e golden. My gpa is 3.5 weighted but I feel as if my essays and portfolio make up for it! Did you submit test scores?

1 Like

Hi, I also applied for Film and TV but with a focus in animation. We exist! Haha

dramatic writing tisch applicant here!! :slight_smile: I’ve seen so few of us lmao

nope i did test optional cuz i had a 30 on the act and i didnt wanna chance it

any info for Tandon kids lol i barely see anything related to it

No test scores cause the 5 part creative portfolio was bonkers

tisch applicant here!! (im the one @bostongirl249 was talking about hehe) I applied for collaborative arts (haven’t seen anyone applying to that major anywhere yet) and did submit tests scores because I felt they represented me pretty well but may have been a mistake on my end to send tbh idk. Portfolio was pretty good idk but felt my essays were strong. I applied to the dance summer program in 2019 and got in but did not attend

2 Likes

So happy to find another film person!!! I applied to film with a focus in editing! Good luck to us both!

Same!! I slaved over that portfolio. If you guys wanna see my short film lmk!

I was only able to take the ACT once in February without tutoring so I did test optional too! Thankfully Tisch kids get it a little easier…

Film is such a big major with so many little things in it, I’m not sure if comparing yourself to others in the same major will help. For example, I want to do 2D/3D animation and you want to do editing, haha.

I already got into SCAD (which has a better animation program) so I’m not too worried, and I think I’m getting into Ringling as well. It’s kind of exciting!

I also did test optional. GPA is good. Took a ton of art classes. Essays were iffy, art is okay. Haha. Not too worried about a rejection anymore.

1 Like

I got into SCAD too! So far hace been 4/4 with film schools so hoping it’s a sign!

yup i took the act once in october and didnt have time to retest :frowning: i couldve done so much better if i had retested ughh

same! maybe being an arts major has it’s perks this year…

1 Like

ahh you guys are stressing me out now because I did submit test scores (even though ik they said not to sent them) :grimacing: I was only able to take it once in October and got a 31 composite score (pretty reflective of my grades and GPA)