NYU ED I Class of 2025

also how important is demonstrated interest to tisch specifically? I attend maybe 2-3 tisch and collaborative arts specific info sessions as well as a plethora of NYU info sessions (I was able to visit in person this February and take a tour which I’m very thankful I was able to do)

Has anyone here applied for the MCC program at Steinhardt? Haven’t heard that from anyone here! I thought it was popular

i think i saw ppl on reddit talkin abt mcc if you haven’t been on there yet?

Also if anyone can tell me if i made the right call by submitting my ACT (30) along with my GPA 4.1 W? MCC applicant steinhardt. No fin aid. International.

Yes I think respectable but slightly lower scores is better than no score

to be honest with you, a 30 is lower for NYU’s standards (according to site: 31 to 35 Middle 50% range of ACT scores of first-years) but i dont know how much test scores matter this year so you might be alright? i didn’t submit my 30 because i didn’t think it represented me adequately when i have a 3.9 GPA

I think they like demonstrated interest but it doesn’t really influence admission decisions. I went to one info session about film and television and reached out to my AO. I also try to be active on instagram.

I know this was definitely talked about, but what time do we think the decisions will come out?

The reason I submitted my 30 is that im an international student and i was often advised that a 25th percentile score is still better than no score for an international application considering the educational differences across countries

hi! i think its hard to say since it really depends on the rest of your app. but your weighted gpa is good + competitive and i wouldnt worry too much about it! also, i also applied to steinhardt mcc + no fa! i havent seen many mcc people on here:(( i hope we both receive good news tomorrow!

Yesss! Good luck buddy!

1 Like

3-5pm

Also, i saw a lot of people were asking about the time when decisions are released , i applied last year and ended up taking a gap year and last year decisions came out at around 3:50 PM est

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

not mcc, but i applied to steinhardt’s ed studies program!

1 Like

Thats great! I was bouncing between journalism at cas and mcc at steinhardt but ended up picking mcc! I’ll pick a minor at cas most probs

ahh omg are we the same person? i was also going back and forth between journalism and mcc for a while!!

1 Like

good choice! i’m always amazed by the cool internship opportunities mcc major’s have :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What a coincidence! Lets hope for the best guys!

Anyone know how valuable social justice extracurriculars are to admissions officers? I have like 6 with leadership positions in most. I did all of them bc it’s my passion but I’m still hoping this will make me desirable in admissions lmao

1 Like