NYU ED I Class of 2025

you’ll be fine, whatever happens happens, best of luck

are you international?

i was born in the us but im living outside

My phone died, sorry. I strongly believe none of this means ANYTHING. I tried a lot not to worry but got carried away today. I am sorry if I got you worried. This is a weird year, if anything, the chance of acceptance should be higher than other years. Let’s just manifest. :blush:

1 Like

If Stern is good enough, it will have the pleasure of having us. Let’s go with that…

hope so

When you say tennis recruit did he get into Stern?

not sure if he got in but he applied as an athlete

If ED1 got deferred, will be automatically placed into ED2 or RD only?

Rd only

RD and it is no longer binding. If you were to be deferred and then accepted in late March, you wouldn’t be in a contractual agreement to go there.

Last year (or maybe it was the year before) they changed the process to more options than historically. Of those who did not get an admit, some got moved to ED2 (I don’t remember many of these though), some got deferred to RD, some went straight to waitlist (it is my recollection that the bulk of these were Stern), and some got rejected. (Before they started doing this they had a policy of very few deferrals, either admitting or rejecting.) So yeah anything can happen, which is not very helpful I know. But the one thing you can take out of it is that if they do not deny you outright they will seriously consider you again, it is not like some of the schools where they use deferral from an early round as a “soft denial”.

They explain all the possible outcomes here:
https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/high-school-counselors/decision-information.html

Edit: to emphasize, it is not RD only, also see official link above under deferral where they mention both ED2 and RD as deferral options.

i was the one who made the reddit post haha. it’s not really waves but more like “there’s a ton of traffic on the nyu site and you might not be able to log in RIGHT at 4pm”. like last year the website was so slow cuz of the amount of students trying to log in to check so some people couldnt successfully log in for an hour or two

If it’s like the schools I was accepted to previously I literally just logged onto the portal at like 6:58 (decisions came out at 7) and I refreshed the page at 7:01 and the status update link thing popped up. I assume this will be the case with NYU as well.

1 Like

Ohhh I see I thought people were referring to correlation between waves and acceptance. Last years RD thread shows acceptance wave then waitlist then rejections but the ED thread doesn’t follow this pattern

1 Like

same hereee

where are u living now :o

also omg fafsa was such a pain

Did you have that housing change or netid login thing? I am also international, though in a different time zone.

netid is for stern i applied for cas and my housing is still washington