NYU ED I Class of 2025

Also, I posted an updated chance me on reddit a while ago and got no replies so I was wondering if any of yall could check out my chance me from reddit below.

Chance me: NYU 2025 for ED1

Hey y’all I’m an Asian American male from upstate NY in 12th grade who applied to NYU for ed1. You guys might’ve seen mine before but this is updated and it’s filled with new gpa, tests scores, ecs, and more.

Income: not exactly sure but 100k+ at least (nothing to worry ab)

GPA: UW (our school doesn’t have weighted) 89.6 upward trend (big spike junior year) mix of aps/honors/college classes

ACT: 33 (sending)

SAT: 1400 (not sending)

APS:

Sophomore year: AP CS

Junior year: AP Lang, APUSH

Senior year: AP Chem, AP Gov, AP AB Calc, AP Lit

ECs:

In school: Model UN: 3 years

Student gov: 3 years (BOE Rep, treasurer then president)

Men’s acapella group: 3 years

News anchor for morning announcements: 3 years

Varsity track and field (pole vault): 4 years

Java programming club: 1 year

Outside of school ECs:

Spent summer before 9th grade getting a CEH certification

Spent summer before 10th grade getting a CHFI certification

Run a nonprofit with my brother giving PCs to schools in India

Internship with the mayor of a city where I’m working with the people of city hall and helping with the smart city project and also might be able to start widespread use of an app me and my brother have been working on through the city (+ next year I may be able to get an internship with gov cuomo due to this internship)

Started a community outreach program that has garnered attention across my region and the nation

Run a security consulting company with my brother

Dance for the past 12 years

Organized a movement after Parkland 2018 to give support those effected from mass shootings and spread awareness

Awards:

3rd place at business competition with the app mentioned above

Multicultural award from university

Recommendations: pretty sure all of them are really solid

Mayor of city I am an intern with + an extra letter of distinction from the gov of New York

Apush teacher

Pre calc teacher

Economics/mun teacher

Essays:

Really really really solid both my common app and why NYU supplement

My main goal is to get involved in politics after getting a law degree and I really think NYU the perfect place for me and I don’t mean to brag or anything I just want some solid final advice on how I am now.

Thanks guys

i think you have a pretty good chance! as long as you have an upward grade trend, your ec’s pretty much cover everything and make you look very well rounded! i’m not sure about how competitive politics-related majors are at nyu but i think you look pretty good in terms of your ec’s and stats!

Did everyone get a shot for the NYU MLK Scholars program? Or did they only send it to a select few?

Damn your stats are so good. Makin me feel insecure about mine lmaoo

On the common app it asks you if you want to be considered as a MLK scholar and if you put yes then they email you the essay question.

Those who want to participate for MLK scholars, there was an option to choose in the common app. If you opted for a “yes” wanting to participate for the scholarship, then you will definitely get a request to submit the essay.

does anybody know how difficult it is to get into the mlk scholars program? i looked at the pictures on the website and it looked like there were maybe 30 people per year but i’m not sure if that was the whole population, esp bc this year we have an essay and it’s not selected by the admissions committee

Has anyone called NYU admissions and asked if we are getting results before 12/15 (either 12/10 or 12/14 bc they never release Fri-Sun)? Results usually come out early every year but this year 12/15 falls on a Tuesday not a W/Th/Fri like previous years)… I wanna know so bad!!

2 Likes

Hi! I applied ED 1 to Gallatin. Here are my stats (they are lower than some of the people here but still strong and an upward increase).

GPA: 4.0 uw, 4.1 w (I had to drop honors classes soph year for medical leave and explained that in personal statement, but in all AP and honors senior year so hopefully they see that)

ACT: 35 (submitted)

RECS: junior english teacher (gives very strong recs, one of my favorite teachers, I think he really liked me), AP psych teacher (this is my third time having him, pretty sure this will be a strong rec as I have always done well in his class and he has recommended me for honors and ap classes)

Activities: not going to list all but my major ones are…

1. board member for thespian honor society and theatre club
  2. producer of an entirely student run production
  3. two years of speech time, first place

Essays: I love writing essays. My “why nyu?” was one of the best ones I wrote. My common app was also very strong. Then again, I am biased.

My school doesn’t rank. I attend a very prestigious public high school with a strong record.

Freaking out for the next two weeks. Does anyone know what time on Dec 15th? Good luck everyone!

As long as your essays were amazing I don’t see why not! & they usually come out at 4 pm eastern time

1 Like

your stats are great, definitely not low at all! i’m sure your essays were great, so you should have a solid chance of getting in. good luck!

1 Like

My checklist updated! I got so hyped cause I was so worried I did it wrong lmao

did your fafsa update or another part of your application? mine hasn’t and i’m getting worried

my CSS got updated but my fafsa says that it’ll update in mid december? idk im scared too

Another part. My FAFSA didn’t update either but it says that it won’t update until mid-December so I guess dw about it

1 Like

ok same mine says that too i guess it’s nothing to worry about

Cool cool. Mine still hasn’t but my IDOC portal says that it has been updated and processed. Not my NYU portal tho. :confused: so confused lol

Gallatin is the easiest school at NYU to get into. You are a shoo in

2 Likes

Just spoke to an admissions counselor, he said they’re hoping to email out results BEFORE 12/15 :grinning:

2 Likes

decisions usually come out from the 12th-15th based on past years… did the admissions counselor hint if would be earlier or later? just asking because i’m genuinely terrified :((