NYU ED I Class of 2025

i think that means if you don’t need fin aid, you’re more likely to be accepted compared to someone of similar stats and ecs and needs finaid.

thanks!

Wondering the same thing. I really hope so!

1 Like

this is very possibly irrelevant but my housing portal JUST changed from “no applications” to “fall/spring 2021” (i don’t remember the szn it was very fast) and i refreshed it to make sure i wasn’t buggin lmfaoo, then it said that the site was experiencing issues and to check back later so that’s interesting

Did it change back now to no apps?

Ahhh mine’s been Spring 2021 DC since I checked a few weeks ago. Whatever it is, we’ll know in a few hours but I keep freaking out

1 Like

just went to check it again, it did actually!

How are you all feeling about your chances? Do you think NYU wouldve seen an increase in apps too? Also best of luck to everyone here

Barnard had a lot of rejections yesterday , wonder what NYU will be like.

I think ED in general has increase in apps but not sure about NYU…
Someone who used to work in admissions told someone else that it might be a little easier this year due to uncertainty with international students and their need to fill seats for next year

2 Likes

Their international number of applicants probably went down.

1 Like

we made it to decision day! good luck to everyone and just remember that whatever the decision, we are all really bright students and an nyu decision (whether we are accepted or otherwise) isn’t indicative of who we are as people or students. all that being said, I hope we all get in lol

12 Likes

I hope the price tag keeps ed numbers similar to last year Ik that sounds awful to say but…

I mean yeah the price is definitely a factor in ED but NYU does make it clear that if your family can’t pay the tuition they will let you withdraw your acceptance. I mean especially in a year like this many ppl may have just given it a might as well mentality and if they don’t get the money withdraw their acceptance. idk if any of that made sense but well see what happens today :grimacing:

does that mean international students have a lower chance?

Correct me if I’m wrong but ED numbers weren’t amazing last year. 15k total
Apps (hypothetically lets say half applied ED1) they probably take like 2500-3000 kids ED1, which is roughly a 30% acceptance rate. I believe the “official” released acceptance rate for ED as a whole was 28%. If anything, the acceptance rate might (wishful thinking) increase depending on how NYU feels about international students. They fill up 40% of their class with international students so who knows what’s gonna happen. Maybe they’ve built the brand enough to be like “who cares about Covid we have enough applicants anyways.”

1 Like

I would say it gives them a higher chance because NYU probably wants to reach a certain quota for international students

I have personal info update only, but I don’t believe that this means anything. Remember guys we’re only a few hours away so no need for speculation- we’ll know soon enough!!

I don’t think there’s a quota for international students though! And also do you think NYU will give lesser aid bc of covid :”)

if they apply asking for financial aid, they have a lower chance of getting in, yes