NYU ED I Class of 2025

Also a PSA for those applying to CAS, NYU admits by school not major. I know a couple of y’all are talking about the majors you apply for but it isn’t gonna matter in admissions. This is why CAS is a more competitive school due to the fact that there are many popular majors designated in the school (psych, Poli sci, etc).

2 Likes

how do you know this

Just copied and pasted my chance me!
I applied to Steinhardt for the Global Health Studies/Applied Psychology major. I have a 3.9 UW, 4.3 W, 8 APs (APUSH, AP Lang, AP Gov, AP Chem, AP Psych, AP Lit, AP Stats, and AP Art History). I have all A’s except 1 B+ in APUSH and 2 B+'s in Honors Geometry. I’ve taken all honors or AP classes. Didn’t submit any testing!
EC:
4-Year Varsity Starter on the Softball team - won all-conference and all-area honorable mention, I’m the captain this year
Won a silver key at the Scholastic Writing Awards for Memoir Writing
Played club softball for 8 years
Own a business on DePop called ChiTownPickups with 900 followers and $1000 profit
Community service in many different settings including a volunteer bakery and an organization that helps expose girls in middle school to athletics
I was a sports reporter on our school newspaper for 3 years
I worked over the summer at a local grocery story in the kosher bakery (I wrote my Common App essay about how working in a kosher bakery and being an athiest exposed me 1. to different people, but also expanded my mind to different belief systems 2. the idea of prayer in Judaism
Wrote my NYU essay about being queer and how important it is to find a community, I connected this back to one of my online seminars with an NYU student who also happened to be queer
I’m got into my school’s honor society all 3 years (haven’t been able to apply yet this year) and NHS this year
I attended an online summer class this past summer at UCLA for Psychobiology

Demographics:
I’m a white, queer female living in a suburb of Chicago. Did not apply for financial aid, definitely wouldn’t have received any given my family’s income. My family plans to pay for all of college.

Good luck to you guys! I’m definitely just as nervous as all of y’all!

1 Like

Any 2D/3D animation majors or is it just me? Haha

nyu said they are releasing at around 4pm est!!!

where’d you see this?

instagram n twitter

They put it on their twitter

yeah last year the first person knew around 3:45 bc they got a financial aid letter first!!

I thought it was more or less common knowledge, as the only school I know that considers major (when building a well rounded class) in admissions is Georgia Tech. I had asked an admissions officer when he visited my school about CAS Poli sci (because that was my OG intended major although I threw it down in alternate majors) and asked him if applying to Hellenic studies (which seems like a less popular major) would benefit me or give me a higher chance. He then told me it didn’t matter what major I applied for, as admissions was done in the context of the school’s “internal standards.”

for anyone who applied for fordham as well: just saw on their EA tab that their decisions may be coming out today between 3-4pm

2 Likes

If you’re asking if international students have a lower chance of getting in because of covid itself then no. The number of international students applying will be less most likely because of the pandemic.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will be a huge deal. NYU is global enough and have 85k apps to meet their quotas for areas lol

where did you see that?

do you guys think I’ll be okay if I don’t have phenomenal groundbreaking ECs like interning at a hospital, starting a company, being a tedx speaker? it feels like so many people have stuff like that and I do not

1 Like

what no way where did u see this omg

the “Fordham EA 2025” chat, someone said they saw stuff about it on the ZeeMee platform

No, it’s really not. If someone did those things, that’s great but as long as your EC actually meant something to you and you conveyed genuine interest, i think that’s way more important.
No high schooler is going to make “groundbreaking” impact, most people who say they are, are most likely exaggerating.

1 Like

the “Fordham EA 2025” chat!!

may i ask for the link? if u have it ofc haha