NYU ED I Class of 2025

FAFSA won’t say if it updates until mid-December because schools only download your FAFSA if you’ve been admitted (so if they shown that that’d ruin the surprise ;))) lol

1 Like

Oh wow I never knew that!

A lot of people who apply for need based dont even qualify for it so I seriously doubt being full pay will help

the financial aid office is also separate from admissions so it probably doesn’t affect at all

My checklist took off the note of FAFSA saying the status wouldn’t be updated until mid-December. Is anyone’s showing as received? Mine isn’t.

1 Like

I called the office about it and they said it should be updating soon… so they are probably getting ready for decisions to come out

3 Likes

it won’t update until mid-december because if it shows that it is updated that means you’re admitted

It’s not true that FAFSA being updated as received on the Albert checklist means you are admitted. It is updated when shown as received. For ED that always only happens around mid December, I don’t recall if it happened before or after decisions came out before. If you look at RD threads everyone has FAFSA updated well before decisions are out.

1 Like

he said nyu was hoping to release the decisions ‘a few days early’ but if something happens (tech issues) then they will release on 12/15, but probs not later than that

3 Likes

does anyone know if MLK scholars decisions are coming out next week too?

In past years they usually come out a week before decisions but anything could change this year

mine did the same thing, it could possibly be a glitch because decisions are coming out soon

1 Like

was that for rd or ed as well?

I’ve only heard people from RD get their MLK results a week before decisions, so it could be different for ED.

1 Like

your stats and ec’s look fine, but i’m not seeing much interest in psychology which may or may not be a big deal to ao’s. overall, i’d say you have a decent chance! good luck :)))

yeah i wont lie i didnt know which major to pick so i just chose psych but now i feel like i shouldve chosen bio or something

did the FAFSA message on everyone’s portal change? Mine used to be FAFSA (status will not update until mid-December), but now it’s just FAFSA

mine says the same! i’m pretty sure its in prep to release acceptances :slight_smile:

oh really? i thought there were essays previously but people just didn’t write them since it was optional

idkkkkk i looked it up and apparently they might be adding more to our class