NYU ED I Class of 2025

Guys, did anyone get accepted to MLK scholars or will it be notified later?

i heard they’ve been notified it was like a day or 2 later

Oh ok. I ask because I forgot to apply for CSS, and I was wondering how much aid NYU gave to the people who did apply. How much federal aid did you get? I got approximately 6K in loans and 3K worth of work-study opportunity. As you said, it’s basically peanuts considering it’s huge cost of attendance.

Any institutional aid (the money from NYU itself, vs federal funding) is going to depend on CSS. That’s why you didn’t get any non-federal aid. Seeing as it is still early in the overall process, you perhaps want to contact the financial aid office and see if they will still be prepared to accept a CSS and update your FA offer if so. Aid offers mainly depend on financial need so what one person got does not tell you anything about what you might have got.

I understand. I did call them, they refused to consider it. Did they meet your full need, COA- (EFC+Federal Aid)?

Any waitlisted ppl- did u get an email from NYU reminding u to “confirm your continued interest in NYU or withdraw your application from consideration by filling out the form” ?

NYU doesn’t meet full need, but they would give something. They have a reputation for being stingy but some people do get generous packages so it’s hard to know. I’m sorry they won’t reconsider your application.

https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/high-school-counselors/nyu-scholarships.html

i got 13k

damn so they must not want me that bad :sob:

Be careful taking at face value everything people say on the internet. NYU’s aid is mostly need based. But they do not meet full need. There are some scholarships they give to top up aid - some are automatic example to top x% of entrants in a particular school, others are more discretionary example MLK - but the vast majority of aid is simply “needs based but doesn’t meet full need”. I promise you they do not sit there and rank the 13k or so students who get an admit every year in terms of desirability and then instruct FA to adjust the aid offer of each person according to some kind of “desirability” metric.

Yes I did

i applied TO and was accepted!

i just got notified today :frowning: they didn’t take me but they took my friend

They gave offer to you already, now they took it back?

Hey yall Im applying ed2 for cas econ,
I got rejected by northwestern and wants to know my chances because I’m really stressed.

w 4.6 gpa and uw 3.95. SAT: 1490. EC’s with good volunteering of 100+ hours, mun leader, varsity cross country, and had essay help from professionals. Should I try to add anything to app or be worried?

My child was also waitlisted ED. I didn’t realize that was an option and if people get off the waitlist

Your stats sound strong! College admissions do have a degree of randomness, but I think you sound like a good applicant. What made you chose CAS econ over stern? Im doing a similar thing because I want to have a strong gpa for law school but if you are interested in going into business I would suggest you apply to stern.

I didn’t want to do business because the job field becomes limited. I want to keep my options open and econ is a more general degree. I know they base it off schools for admission. Are CAS stats like really competitive?

CAS is competitive, but its not the hardest school at NYU to get into. I think the CAS acceptance rate is similar to the school’s overall acceptance rate (around 15%). Since you are applying ED, this should be higher probably around 25%. Good luck! Im applying to econ in CAS as well, hopefully I’ll see you there!

Last year NYU commented that 3 of its schools have single digit admit rates, these were commonly assumed to be Stern (which we know has around an 8% rate), CAS, and Tisch.

The acceptance rate for the Class of 2024—15%—reflects steady increases in the selectivity of NYU’s first-year class. As recently as 2013, the acceptance rate was 35%. This year’s group of admitted students also had a record high median SAT score: 1500. The acceptance rate for three of NYU’s undergraduate colleges were in the single digits.