NYU ED I Class of 2025

yup CAS acceptance rate last year was 9% :flushed:

1 Like

o jeez, I think it might go up this yr cuz sat scores don’t matter as much, so they’re prob accepting more.

Does anyone accepted know how to activate the NYU email account?

it says we were supposed to get an email after we commit, but i haven’t gotten anything yet

for anyone applying to NYU in the future: I just want to make a note that I was able to access the housing portal, the classes page, nyu’s library, and I also had an NYU email address but I was still rejected. it’s not really an indicator of your results.

4 Likes

same, for anyone stalking this page
accepted stern EDI: 1550 sat, 96/100 uw gpa
ECs: no business related ones
housing portal: started as “DC” then to “no application” week before decisions
nyu email: able to access stern email address (but not fully activated)
checklist: cleared about an hour before, decision on portal near 4:00 pm (email notification came the next day)
~ don’t stress about it, indicators are random and don’t let them get to you ~

1 Like

Has anyone waitlisted to to dramatic writing been accepted?
Very discouraging to put in all this work and be waitlisted. Read only about 20-24 students are accepted to Tisch dramatic writing program.

Hi everyone,
So I am having a small problem and would appreciate some input. I have all my stuff done for NYU but still haven’t submitted. I think my chances of getting in are low to none. Here are my stats, let me know if it’s worth applying. I would appreciate it.

Stats:
-test-optional, not submitting sat score.
-weighted gpa, 3.8
-school does not rank students.
-very career oriented student, major: polysci
-President of my schools Law Club.I worked with a law firm in Manhattan to prepare for moot and mock trail competitions. Traveled there bi-weekly. 3 years.
-Polish school student. Over 10 years. Top of class. Fluent.
-Girls Varsity Tennis. 3 years.
-Community Service, I tutored a child during blended learning. Helped with any issues he might face academically and mentally.
-strong common app essay and strong supplement

I think if you have the best essay u can have, as well as recs, I think those will push you to acceptance the most. NYU is like one of the few colleges I’ve read about that focuses a lot on essays and supps.

for anyone applying ed2 or rd, are you able to activate your netID? I have tried multiple times but its not working.

I had difficulty signing in too but I emailed the IT department but they said to “Wait 24 hours after receiving an email with your NETID to activate it” and if that still doesn’t work then to contact them again. I eventually activated mine but the NYU IT Department’s Email is AskIT@nyu.edu

1 Like

Yeah I applied EDII and received a request yesterday although in my application portal it says NYU doesnt participate in IDOC. Already submitted it tho.

Does NYU need SRAR?

This is a very long thread so I won’t read every post. For anyone who was admitted ED I, how was the financial aid offer?

yes

Thank you. Somehow my daughter didn’t receive any email to submit SRAR. She called them and then they said if we didn’t ask you, you don’t need to submit. A lot of her classmates did get the request so I was wondering if that’s a standard procedure or not.

Best of luck to your daughter! Did she submit through the common app?

Thank you. Yes, she submitted through common app. She got a confirmation this morning that everything is in place and they have everything they need to evaluate her application.

1 Like

Was ok

Doesn’t NYU only accept the CommonApp?