NYU ED I Class of 2025

Yeah lol

If 100k applied to NYU, I feel like I have no chance then lol

Honestly same…

same :((

I’m glad I didn’t get too attached to the school. I can walk off a rejection.

100,000 for 6500 spots is very scary!

1700 comments on this thread…

To clarify it (sorry xddd) NYU received 17,000 ED applications so around 83,000 applications for RD are left (a bit more I just forgot the small #) NYU accepts around 5k applicants from ED (I remember seeing the #4700 in a recent article but not sure) so if they accept around a total of 13,000-14,000 applicants and ED has taken 5,000 seats it’s pretty much 83k people applying for around 8,000 seats. Again, not everyone who is accepted enrolls.

where did you find this?

I saw on Reddit they accepted 4700-5k Ed apps. The NYU Instagram said they received 17k ED apps and 100k applications total so 83k is for RD.

All these figures are incorrect. Common data set says last year they received 13842 Ed applications and accepted 3846. They accepted 12873 total. Also their yield increases every year so I think they’d accept less this year

I said the figures were from this year. Or assumed people would. I got them directly from the NYU website. There was an article and Instagram post about it.

Sorry I didn’t mean for that to come off as rude!!! I don’t think it says how many were admitted in the article so I was just saying it will prob be similar to last year (3800)

Yea I mean all these numbers as far as admits are concerned are unofficial. The post said they expect to have 6500 freshman at one of the degree granting campuses so there aren’t a whole lot of spots left anyways :joy:

yup it’s very competitive this year. Hoping for unrealistically low yield I’m trying to get off that waitlist😤

Haha good luck!

Just loans offered, no merit aid (in my son’s case, EDI to Tisch)

More than 6500 will be accepted because it is assumed that not everyone accepted will enroll.

1 Like

I hope you applied! You should not count yourself out, your chances are higher than you think. Knowing the rigor of your coursework would be helpful. NYU emphasizes, above all else, your grade record and your course-load rigor (as demonstrated in their Common Data Set). Therefore, a 3.8 weighted GPA might put you at a disadvantage, when you are being compared to students who have 4.0 unweighted GPAs and rigorous course loads (like myself, not meant to brag but to demonstrate competition). NYU also looks a lot at activities and essays, though do not put as much emphasis on it than they do your transcript (again, referenced in their CDS).

I think your reasons for getting in is your background (being Polish), your writing (if they are compelling and demonstrate your personality and interest in NYU), and your demonstrated leadership. Best of luck! Hope we both get in! :slight_smile:

P.S. If you mention courseload and the school you’re applying to, I might be able to give more specific insight.

Thank you for your response! I did apply! I had 8 AP classes in high school and all my other classes were honors. I applied to CAS which from what I heard is one of the hardest schools to get into at NYU. All my other major choices were around education which would be at Stienhardt.

Best of luck to you too!!

1 Like