NYU ED I Class of 2025

I applied to CAS but I’m also curious about this, good thing?

I applied to CAS as well.

hello! i got rejected ED1 with Washington DC on housing portal. My other friends with no apps got in. so to answer your question I don’t think anyone with Washington DC listed in their housing portal got in.

Also, I recently logged in to the portal to help my ed2 applicant friends identify their admission status… but when I logged in I noticed a Self-Reported Academic Record button. I clicked into it and I see a timeline where my academic records are sent into NYU AFTER my rejection. Theres also a little button that says to edit SRAR… does this mean anything? anyone also seeing the same thing?

Personal experience: Zoom means nothing. Housing(not very sure) and Albert financial aid where you can see your COA is the only positive indication. Last year when my friend was waitlisted… we could only see summer 2020 in his housing portal while other could see fall 2020 too. And when the waitlist waves were being realesed he couldn’t see his COA or his financial aid pacakage…so I belive the housing portal/ Albert are the only indicators.

I had DC and got waitlisted

I got deferred to ED2 and my housing still says DC. Tomorrow the results will be out. So that’s why I wanted to know if this is a good indication or not.

DC isn’t a good indicator sorry. But you could’ve been waitlisted!!

Yeah even I’ve heard DC isn’t a good indicator :confused: but then I got deferred from ed1 and now do you think I will be waitlisted after being deferred? And also no one has ever gotten in with DC in their housing portal?

I don’t think people have gotten in with dc but also in ED1 some peoples housing changed on decision day

1 Like

Oh okay. Thanks a lot for the heads up :slight_smile:

oh really some peoples housing changed on decision day? Was it a small percentage, and was this for ED1?

It wasn’t many people but I saw a few comments on here and Reddit about that happening. And yeah ED1

Hi I’m feeling a bit anxious about decisions because I feel that I was a pretty strong applicant. I have DC in my housing but I can access email and other albert features. I was deferred last time but I wasn’t really on the look out for indicators. Can anyone from ED I with a definite decision let me know?

While we’re at it, chance me:
GPA: 3.95 unweighted/4.4 weighted
5 APs, 6 honors classes
Essays were good, one was allegorical, relating pancakes to quality life and understanding that as I grew up, the other was on a presentation I gave about NYU that helped me understand it was my dream school
LOR from an author/NYU alumni and genocide survivor, my English teacher; another from my world history AP teacher who is a Brown alumni
ECs: started a website on social justice
President of national honors society
Treasurer of ASL honors society
Concertmaster of my honors band
Tutor for special education kids
Started two clubs
100+ community service hours
Research project with NYU professor

Demographics: First year African American/ Latina; low income

1 Like

damn ur stats are good asl and ur also underrepresented minority. You should get in, but obviously dc isn’t a good sign. Admissions are weird

1 Like

Tysm lol, just hoping that the housing stuff isn’t true, it could change and a lot of people have debunked it

why did they close the ED2 thread?

Idk but they should open it up again.

entire thread just disappeared.

they closed it when decisions are sp close to being released wth

Ikr but we can use this one i guess

1 Like