NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

got rejected w a 4.7, good essays, and strong ecs! this years admission was a blood bath lmao! it’s okay i’m committing to uiuc w a full ride! So happy for everyone that got in! congrats!!!

7 Likes

Hey! What program was she accepted into if you don’t mind me asking? and her GPA thanks!

y’all i got in omg

rejected: 1480 sat, 4.65 GPA, national recognition in music ECs

Was there any truth to being signed into the april event being a sign of acceptance?

2 Likes

I believe so. It was a sign for me.

She applied to media, culture and communication but the letter just says Steinhardt. Her weighted GPA was 4.49 and she was test optional. Great essays, ECs and recs, and her middle name is actually Violet - maybe that helped :thinking:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!!

I’m so excited my daughter was accepted to CAS. I did college and law school at NYU and loved it so much. No portal astrology for us. She didn’t want to know when results were coming out until right before they came out, and no way would she let me log in to her portal, so no idea whether she had any signs. Her weighted GPA is 5.0, unweighted 4.3, SAT 1550, 8 APs (1 4, the rest 5s), decent ECs, decent essays, good LORs (I assume). It has been a rough year, with a lot of rejections and waitlists at places she expected to get in, so we were so glad to see the acceptance. Just a few more to wait for

5 Likes

congratulations to your daughter and thank you for being a great mom for her. it feels very good to have that parental support during these stressful times. Maybe I will meet her although I am going to Tandon. Again congratulations and good luck with your daughters other decisions. I already am going to commit to NYU :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Denied even with amazing stats and all! This year was so incredibly hard, congratulations to all those admitted and for everyone denied, our journey isn’t over and we’ll find the right path eventually! I’m hoping to get off Emerson’s waitlist because it’s an amazing school!! #golions

3 Likes

Blockquote

Accepted into stern, but was given no money. Is a degree from stern even worth $330,000 in debt?

1 Like

If you plan to get an advanced degree then the answer is no. You’re going into business so you already know what you should do. If you are able to get a scholarship or some financial ad then that’s a different story.

where did you guys see scholarship info? was it in your letters or in financial aid?

1 Like

my son was accepted into Steinhardt BM in music composition, I have a similar question about 330k in debt?

Congrats! Please provide SAT score, uw GPA and school names. Thanks.

penndad, what’s your SAT score and uw GPA. Thanks.

Congrats! What’s your SAT score and uw GPA . Thanks.

1 Like

Congrats gj1760220! What’s your SAT score and UW GPA?