NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Its not in acceptance letter. Its in a different doc and also available in Albert

on my financial aid to do checklist, it says my css profile was received. when i go on financial aid, it says there is no financial information to display. it also says Financial Aid Year 2022 - 2023 Award access not available. when i go on accept/decline awards. does this mean i got no aid or is something not processed?

D22 Accepted to CAS
In the Top 10 out of over 725, public school
1540 SAT, 15 AP, 12 pre-AP
4.0 UW, 5.7 W
NM Commended, AP Scholar with Distinction, CBRP NHS

FWIW - Ds checklist was one of the first to disappear last week. Withdraw button disappeared later. Noticed a day or so ago that major and school were gone too - pretty much nothing left but name, email, NetID and NYU ID. Never checked the housing options then, but right now it shows Summer and Admitted Student.

SAT: 1550
GPA uw: 3.85
GPA w: 4.48
SAT Math2: 800; Chem: 800; Bio: 770
Completed 9 APs till junior year; 5 more in senior year
NMF; AP Scholar with Distinction etc.

An undergrad degree is not worth that much debt for you and your family. You are limited by your student loans, if claimed as a dependent, to $5500 in the first year, $6500 the second year, and $7500 the 3rd year and beyond. Parents can take out Parent plus loans or may qualify for private loans. Please use the loan calculators available to understand what your payments would be and what your parents loans would be. Did you discuss a budget with them or run the net price calculator for NYU or your other schools?

Accepted to CAS!!! I had one button and summer + academic year housing
I got a 1560 on my SAT and 3.94 unweighted GPA with 16 APs!
So excited!!!

2 Likes

To those who were waitlisted, is there a place to look at the financial aid or do they only give that information if you are accepted. Daughter waitlisted ā€¦ edited to add: found a place in Albert and it says it is not activated unless you are a student, so I guess not. I heard that other schools give waitlisted kids their COA so they can make a decision to be on the waitlist.

Also ā€“ can waitlisted kids get merit awards?

No. No undergrad college justifies $330K in debt. Are you an international student or did you not apply for financial aid?
That said, if you did choose to take on $330K in debt, that would be a student loan payment of about $3,500 per month. Letā€™s round to $40K per year.

Coming out of Stern in 4 years, youā€™d be able to get a $100K consulting job (maybe $120K), but letā€™s assume $100K.

So, it will cost you about $35K in taxes, and another $40K in loan payments. That leaves about $25K for everything else. You can find housing in NYC for under $1500/month if you are in an outer boro or share with others, leaving you about $1000/month ($250 per week) for food, etc., which is not unreasonable.

So, yes, it is possible, but I donā€™t advise it. Do you really have $0 to contribute to your college fees over the next four years?

3 Likes

Just curious, did any of the portal astrology turn out to be true?

1 Like

i think most people with summer + academic turned out to be accepted, but there were a lot of exceptions. just summer wasnt all rejections, some people got accepted and waitlisted with just summer

1 Like

I canā€™t think of anything undergrad thatā€™s worth anywhere near that much in debt. If you have merit or other financial aid options elsewhere, thatā€™s the wise choice.

1 Like

There is very little merit at NYU as a matter of course. The vast, vast majority of aid is need-based. In general iā€™d think merit funding would be used up by those already admitted rather than saving any for the WL. I believe there are some small merit amounts by school for the top x% of entrants so I guess a waitlist student would qualify for that if applicable. If you are relying on merit to make nyu affordable - thatā€™s almost certainly not going to happen.

2 Likes

We had 3 consecutive posts above of a rejection, admit and waitlist all with summer only. So, hardly reliable.

12.2% acceptance rate. Congrats to those who were accepted!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen any FA information from 6 waitlisted schools for my D22.
My D22 was accepted to CAS, but with just $13,000, need based aid.
Itā€™s the lowest offer when other schools were in range of $25,000 to $40,000
SAT 1550 ACT 36
4.0/4.58 GPA
12 AP, AP Scholar with Distinction
NMF
Will not accept offer

2 Likes

Any chances of getting off the waitlist for CAS?

1 Like

I have been accepted, but can not find the financial aid package. In Albert it says that my CSS has been received. Have fin aid packages not been processed yet? Im also an international studentā€¦

i think theyre coming out early april, it says so in the faqs

2 Likes

DD waitlisted and very disappointed as it was a top choice. Applied to Gallatin.
3.95 uw/4.7 w, public school magnet program. 33 ACT. Two varsity sports (captain of one), founded a club at school, won a few national-level awards for work in same subject area as the club. Part time job
Also waitlisted at BU and Barnard. Accepted at Northeastern, Pitt, GWU, UMD, Drexel, Fordham LC, Loyola Chicago and De Paul.

when will MLK Scholars be announced?