NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Does she attend the candidate weekend?

I called NYUAD and they told me that they will release the result on April 1.

1 Like

No, ands sheā€™s never done any other programs through NYU. Just a plain old RD applicant :slight_smile:

My housing is showing waitlist applicant for Fall. I guess that means I am most likely waitlistedā€¦:confused:

Academic Year 2022-2023

Term Classification

New York City
Waitlist Undergraduate

actually I think thats an indicator of acceptance

How??? It says waitlistā€¦urghhhhhhhh. I am so anxious.

so this is specific to nyuad and those who werent invited for the candidate weekend: have any of your checklists disappeared?? Please lmk. Or have the checklists only disappeared for people who were invited to the CW?

Thanks for the update on Steinhardt. For all, just so we are clear, I was just clarifying that somebody was implying that only one or two schools were showing signs of checklists disappearing. I was pointing out that pretty much every school that was called out showed checklists disappearing except Steinhardt, which has now been added to the checklist disappearing list. I was not trying to do any portal astrology with this and have not checked any other methods because I personally do not believe applicants should try to login to areas (Admitted student portals, housing portals, etc) where they donā€™t belong as applicants. Itā€™s a risk-reward thing - I donā€™t feel that the risk (the school getting angry) is worth the reward (finding out 1-5 days early). Portal astrology where one looks at the portal and tries to interpret what is on the page in front of them is relatively harmless (did this date change? why did my withdraw button disappear, why didnā€™t my withdraw button disappear? is there a new drop down that wasnā€™t there before?) because it is passive interpretation. I say relatively, because it starts out fun, but then it can cause a lot of stress for yourself and for others when people wonder why theirs is different. I was just noting that my Dā€™s checklist also disappeared, and I thought that was curious because in past years checklists disappearing usually meant that a decision was coming out that day or the next day. I did not go into the 25 varying theories on withdraw buttons, housing portals, order of disappearance, color of font etc that were posted along with those in previous years. Just that, it usually meant decisions were coming, so I was wondering like others if a decision was coming maybe today. I also did not interpret the disappearance of the checklist as either a positive sign or a negative sign of acceptance or rejection. Additionally, I noted it was curious because on Instagram takeover yesterday right about the time this all started, in response to a question about RD date, the answer was 4/1. Since then, others have posted they were also told 4/1.

based on what Iā€™ve read in this thread and NYU 2025ā€™s thread, ā€œwaitlist undergraduateā€™ā€ means acceptance even though the term is a bit misleading. those who get waitlisted/rejected donā€™t get the waitlist undergrad message

It is super wearied. Only people who get invited to attend candidate weekend can get accepted by NYUAB. It is wearied that you can see the NYUAD housing.

I am prayingā€¦thank you so much for the information. I am a little calmer now.

No idea - she only expressed interest in NYC - no alternative campuses. And itā€™s in the summer housing option that has been there all along. Interesting but means nothing Iā€™m sure.

So NYUs coming out on the 30th!!! I just got an email about it btw

8 Likes

I still have the checklist, but for housing it shows Summer 22

Can we get a pic?

Where do we see in housing app the term classification thing that had waitlist undergrad?

2 Likes

I got same email

D also got an email saying decisions comes out on the 30th ( and I had a mini heart attack when I read the title: NYU admissions decision release, LOL)

2 Likes

where did you find this in the portal?

Where did you check this?