NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

mine just says summer but i don’t wanna read too much into it

I understand everyone is anxious right now - but please take some time to relax for a bit and get off of these NYU threads until the weekend is over … nothing is going to change or happen until the weekend is over so it’s best we all just take this time to chill and return to this Monday when there might be some real changes to observe. I only encourage that you come back Monday because it’s hard to tell applicants not to engage in portal astrology and speculations, I think it helps some cope better.

Enjoy the weekend everyone + Good Luck next week!

4 Likes

You gave some good advice. :grin: D and I wish we’d never heard of the housing indicator and regret looking yesterday. She applied for CAS and only has Summer. Kind of a bummer. It seems like if everyone’s results are already loaded then they would release earlier than the 30th so maybe there’s still hope for change. She’s not going to check it again though until there’s an actual result posted. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Portal astrology is not science, it’s random speculation using a very small (and statistically insignificant) sample size. Some here and in 2025 threads say having Summer or Summer & Academic year is good- having Spring is bad. So, if you just have Summer take heart! It’s not over till it’s over.

Guys. I found some pretty significant portal astrology. What happens when you guys go to NYU Home, Click on Academics on the panel on the left, And then click on the box titled “Albert”, and then click on view application status?

it’s just a welcome message, i doubt it means anything

i think nyu ad kids have, nyu ny capus doesnt so far

I have academic year for the NY campus, as well as a good amount of others

yeah thats my bad :sob:. but last year apparently summer only and summer + acdemic year was a good sign but it also depended on college. if you dont mind me asking, what college did you apply to? i did cas and only see summer

I applied to CAS and have Summer 2022 + Academic Year 2022-2023. Don’t get too worried tho, it’s important to keep in mind this is all speculation :smile:

i applied to the nursing school i have only one button (personal info), only summer as housing (however i will be a commuter so idk how the housing hack would work for me!), and can log into albert (but im pretty sure everyone can)

Yea I do believe everyone can log in to Albert. As for the housing, I honestly have no idea how it would work for commuters. Could easily be completely different. I was considering commuting actually haha, but decided I wanted to dorm.

guys i wouldn’t read too much into the housing, last year RD applicants were summer+spring or summer+academic year which is different from ED which is academic year only! these things change so much It’s not reliable and shouldn’t be used as a factor

Are there anyone with the checklist still showing or did it disappear for every one?

I think it disappeared for everyone. Other quick question, if you go into Albert and click on financial aid are you seeing a financial aid hold? THIS QUESTION ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO DID NOT APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID.

Financial Aid Holds (1)

[College Board Profile Required](javascript:void(0):wink:

Yes, it shows financial aid hold

1 Like

Does your housing portal just show summer?

Yes, summer only since beginning

1 Like

Anyone have both spring and summer on the main page of the housing portal? Please respond only if your checklist is gone and you only have one button (Personal Information Update)

when you go to nyu home and click on profile, do you guys also get " You do not have a Profile"?

1 Like