NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Portal Astrology.

I agree with recent posters. Housing is not relevant for a variety of reasons. While the portal astrology is exciting, and everyone is nervous about Wednesday, I strongly urge everyone to either A) take it all with a grain of salt, or B) do your own research and draw your own conclusions. I spent time reading the 2026 ED and 2025 RD Boards long before 2026 RD buttons started to disappear, and now that the time has come and buttons are disappearing and checklists have disappeared, I have re-read them to see what makes sense.

Go look for those boards if you really want to see the past classes’ trials and tribulations, but don’t worry if someone tells you that “summer-only means rejection” because on those other boards, you will absolutely find acceptances that had summer-only. Plus acceptance that had “summer + academic year” and so on. The class of 2025 took several polls and ran studies to draw correlations. Those, too, were inconclusive.

Some prior-year posts I’ll share, and take them all with a grain of salt:

2026 ED Board, Post 2413 on 2/15/22:

Guys i aint sure how accurate the portal is, I got in CAS just now, but my portal only had summer 2022 available

2025 RD Board, Post 1657, March 2021:

Based on the current indicators, 1 button + Spring + Summer is a supposed rejection. 1 button + Summer or 1 button + Summer + Academic Year is a supposed acceptance. 2 buttons means no decision has been made yet/ your portal hasn’t been updated. So far everyone who got updated recently had 1 button + Spring + Summer. Don’t take this too hard if you don’t believe in the indicators

So, 2026 RD Applications - It’s all good fun, but do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and remember that everything is possible this week. You will land at the college where you belong, and love the one that loves you back, and all the other encouraging statements from prior posters. But, don’t sweat the housing updates. Past boards will show you the entire full range of accepts , waitlists, or rejections based upon a full range of housing options.

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday at 4pm est!

18 Likes

Who has spring?

one of my friend has “spring + summer + academic year”

1 Like

Does anyone apply to Gallatin has “academic year” or “Spring”?
I only have “summer"+one button

1 Like

What school did your friend apply to?

Or it is an acceptance.

Look at prior boards. Tons of acceptances with one button + summer only. No one on this board is an expert, everyone on this board has the same opportunity to do their own research and see how many applicants from prior years posted an acceptance with one button + summer. No need to instill fear in anyone, especially when several boards will show this to be incorrect.

13 Likes

NYU is doing it very differently this time. Normally there’s a 70/30-ish split on the housing indicators this close to the decisions, but this time almost everyone here has summer only. Furthermore, checklists/withdraw buttons usually disappear the afternoon of decisions, but this time they’ve been gone for days prior to decision day. I don’t think anything is discernible at this point. Maybe they’ve decided to put an end to portal astrology this year and just input decisions a few hours before they are made public, as most other colleges do. Or maybe we’ll see indicators tomorrow or the day after. But at the moment, there are no indicators.

4 Likes

Ok! Gotten some new information that might prove useful. I have a friend that is absolutely sure that they are not getting into NYU based on their stats, they kinda just applied for fun. Their housing portal shows just Summer. So I can say with 100% certainty that only Summer 2022 is not an absolute sign of acceptance. Whether it is a sign of rejection or doesn’t mean anything, take that with a grain of salt. In addition, I’ve noticed that around one in every 5 or 6 people I talk to has the Summer + Academic Year, which lines up with their admissions rates.

I understand that portal astrology can be messy, and stressful, and could end up not meaning anything, but please don’t get mad at me for relaying what information I have for those who want to hear it. If this is stressing you out, close the computer and wait until Wednesday, needless stress isn’t gonna help. And if you do choose to derive meaning from it, just take it with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

Again even if is true it is too early. They don’t upload results so much in advance (unless they have completely revamped the processes in that case none of historical indicators would work)

1 Like

My son applied to Tisch and has summer only

What makes you think they don’t upload them in advance, or in waves? Whether or not we want to speculate on the housing indicators this year, if you sift through last year’s, admission was consistent with certain housing indicators. And those indicators went all the way back to March 15th last year.

Thank you for investigating. While it is not the information I was hoping to get, given my portal, I appreciate it.

This whole application process has been a nightmare for me.

1 Like

This year has been so brutal, but don’t get down on yourself yet. As I said, I’m just trying to look at patterns and find information from that, but it should be taken with a grain of salt, and could easily work out differently <3

2 Likes

My guess is that they do update info in waves, but I’m not sure if this applies to the housing status as well. (I noticed that one of the green buttons on my portal disappeared on Friday afternoon, but apparently many people had this change earlier than me)

1 Like

Also I was reading the ED thread for this year and saw someone saying that the NYU Albert and NYU Classes being automatically favorited could be a potential indicator, I’m curious how it looks like for you guys.

those two are favourited for me, but i kinda assumed that was the case for everyone. i’d have to do more investigation with people i know, but i’m tired lmao.

they both are favorited for me but then again i only have summer for housing. seems like the portal astrology is over the place

Then it probably means nothing lol since I have only summer and these two are favorited for me.

We will get more clarity as we move closer to 3/30. Too many moving parts in my opinion. Biggest assumption is NYU not closing on any of the portal astrology that worked last year to this year.

1 Like

yea i think everyone has both of them favourited. my personal theory on the housing is that the Summer 2022 + Academic Year 2022-2023 is a likely sign of acceptance, while the Summer is just a tossup. There’s still a lot of time to go.

1 Like