NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

do you know if any of these applicants didn’t apply for housing, im still unsure if the housing portal works for commuters

my fear is that they changed it up this year :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It is not part of survey, but I saw a case of @NervousApplicant34, a commuter with Summer + Academic Year.

3 Likes

Deleted

So if astrology says these are admits, the admit percentage is really high?

I have no idea…It is what we are trying to figure out

tbh i think the portal astrology is all bs. as seen in the previous year and even ed this year, people with all kinds of housing portals got in. i think the most reliable indicator is the portal being active/inactive tomorrow a few hours before the release time using this link https://connect.nyu.edu/portal/adresource

3 Likes

honestly recent theories that were brought to this chat are making me nervous cant lie

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It shows around 24% assuming that academic year plus summer is an indicator of acceptance.

1 Like

the most consistent thing we’ve agreed upon in this thread is that Academic Year is probably a good sign. easily could be wrong, but of all the things that have been all over the place, it seems that sentiment has remained consistent.

Admit rates were expected to drop this year as they have for most schools because of the increase in applications received. I haven’t seen any top tier schools with admit rates that high this year.

1 Like

mhm, makes sense. 53 isn’t a huge sample size, but i’d expect an acceptance rate a bit higher than the average in a thread like this, where students care a lot more.

1 Like

take into account the types of people that are on these threads.

2 Likes

Perhaps. Not a statistically relevant sample size by any means but on internet it says admit rate for Class of 2025 was 12.8% and so far for Class of 2026 it is 16.9%.

just sayin, idk, nothing is for sure, but of everything we’ve explored here, academic year has been looking pretty good lmao

Hey! To everyone that has Summer + Academic Year, does it read “Waitlist Undergraduate” under the Term Classification? If having both Summer and Academic Year is truly a sign of NOT rejection, I’m curious as to whether this Waitlist identification can distinguish admitted from waitlisted students.

Good question. Does everyone have Waitlist Undergraduate like us?

no, this means housing waitlist, not admissions waitlist

2 Likes

Mine shows “Login to StarRez Portal failed” when I try to login. I have tried on multiple devices.

I have waitlist undergraduate.