NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

• 7 IB classes this year 14 in total full IB student, 14 Honors- No APs
  • 4.5 GPA at time of app 4.7 in mid year report, 3.7UW
  • 18/160 something
  • Test Optional
  • Strong essays
  • Two varsity sports, Leadership positions, Apprenticeship, And part time jobs!
1 Like

Great stats! Congrats. Are you still summer only?

1 Like

I have summer only but I think my stats are not bad (at least for Tisch)
4 APs and the rest are Scholars (high honor program in my school)
98.44/100 GPA, top 10% out of 750
1460 SAT (680 Reading 780 Math)
Also I submitted an art portfolio which I believe was decent (was accepted by multiple art schools with $70000~90000 scholarships)

1 Like

yup unfortunately, thatā€™s honestly why iā€™m choosing to not read too much into stuff especially bc i showed a lot of demonstrated interest for nyu, but everything happens for a reason. still very much praying for an acceptance :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Does NYU track demonstrated interest? I thought I read that they donā€™t. Hope they do but Iā€™m not sure.

They are better than not bad! Your stats & accomplishments look amazing!

1 Like

itā€™s considered ! most elite schools track it !

I toured the campus once during summer and filled out the survey they sent, donā€™t know if this counts as demonstrated interest lol

Application for Stern (it was still Summer 22 when I checked yesterday)

GPA: 4.47 (W)
SAT: 1550 (800M; 750 Reading)
APs: 9 completed; 5 more in sr year
SAT: Math2: 800; Chem:800; Bio:770
Complete Calculus 3 (Multivariable calculus in his junior year)
Top 3 speaker in speech nationally (by NSDA)
NMF; AP Scholar w/Distinction etc.

6 Likes

Wow! Those are some impressive stats. After seeing your stats and others with really high stats, I am definitely thinking that the housing portal astrology cannot be right. There is no way people with these stats arenā€™t getting in (or a majority arenā€™t getting in).

2 Likes

Iā€™m so worried about my stats :joy:
I only have 3.6 uw and my class rank 106/283
I also have multiple leadership postions for orgs like Generation Ratify and International Thespian Society along with NHS and multiple state and regional choir awards!
I also cofounded my schools first Indigenous Student Club!
Iā€™m really hoping my background as a low income minority student will also help!

4 Likes

same

Does everyone have a University ID and a Net ID? I donā€™t remember previously seeing this under application information.

Why would we have University IDā€™s before being admitted?

2 Likes

I think this shows us just how amazing all these kids are in this thread. NYU somehow has to pick who gets in & who doesnā€™t. So if you get bad news tomorrow - know that you are amazing & your parents are proud of you for all you have accomplished. If my kid gets in Iā€™ll be happy for them but I wonā€™t be proud of them. Iā€™m already so proud of my kid - it wonā€™t change because an admissions officer said yes or no. I want EVERYONE on here to know that you will not be defined by tomorrowā€™s decision. You are defined by what you do with lifeā€™s opportunities as well as lifeā€™s disappointments. Hold your heads up high and know in your heart that your path will be the right one for you.

17 Likes

SAT-1520
10 dual enrollments
National Merit Scholar- the $2500, though not able to update them just up to the finalist level
Great ECs and LORS
Summer housing

2 Likes

Wow truly a bunch of amazing applicants.

I can compose messages on housing portal now herm coolio ehe

Interesting!

Ranking 1 in class

Everything is unpredictable though, deferred Early Action in Princeton, waitlisted in JHU and rejected vandy

Was the message thing there before? I feel like it suddenly appeared but Iā€™m not sure