NYU Steinhardt prescreen response

My son applied to NYU Steinhardt for Violin Performance. He sent in his prescreen video at the end of November but has not heard anything yet. I emailed because we are trying to schedule travel for other Manhattan school auditions and was told that Steinhardt does not send emails if you do not pass the prescreen. I was also told that he might still be accepted because they do not always need to see more than the prescreen video to decide that they will accept an applicant. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hi! My son applied to NYU music. How competitive is Steinhardt?

My daughter is in NYU Steinhardt Voice Performance now. She just transferred in, and today is her second day of school. Everything is going great! Although she did get a call back, we were told that they do not always need to see more than the prescreen video to decide that they will accept an applicant. All the Best to your son’s upcoming auditions!

Wow! Congrats to her and hope all goes well! Maybe this is overstepping, but can you share any info on her transfer decision and the process?