NYU - Tandon college of Engineering or Arts and Science (CAS) for Comp Sc. major

Hi, I don’t have much idea on Polytechnics and how they are different from college or univs. I wanted to apply for computer science at NYU and was presented with the Tandon Engineering college or CAS. Which one is better for Comp Sc.? and Is would a degree from polytechnic be regarded and rewarded the same ways like other college/univ degrees?

You should check out the NYU website for the differences between the School of Engineering and CAS degree programs. Not sure why you are mentioning “polytechnics” as NYU isn’t one.

Their website had it as “Tandon Engineering college” Polytechnic. Researching online I also see that reference to Tandon Engineering as a polytechnic

Have you looked at the side by side comparison of the two programs?

https://engineering.nyu.edu/academics/departments/computer-science-and-engineering/degrees-and-programs/tandon-and-cas-cs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.