NYU/Tisch Waitlist 2020

Hi guys,

I applied for grad school in the ITP Program at Tisch.
I got my letter with a waitlist confirmation last night. They say in the letter that the list is not very long. Hopefully, I have a chance.

I create this thread so we can keep up to see any waitlist kids out there now get there news soon.

Hi, that’s great! I’d suggest writing a letter to the Tisch admissions personally expressing your gratefulness that they reviewed your application so closely and describing your excitement at the possibility of being an ITP student. Maybe name-drop some professors or courses that you really like and explain why you’re a good fit. Maybe have an advisor of yours also send in an additional letter that hypes you up and tells them you’ll attend if you are accepted (if that’s true). Hopefully that will help your chances! Best of luck!

Hi,
I also got into the ITP waitlist.

Does anyone get off the waitlist?

I’m on the waitlist for Steinhardt. I have no information about how many people are on the waitlist for my program. The FAQ on the waitlist form seems to indicate that I shouldn’t do anything other than answer the waitlist response form, which I have done obviously. Is it worthwhile to email the admissions coordinator and express my interest?

I was informed on the waitlist letter to not send any additional materials to the admission office.