NYU track walk on

It sounds like you are on his radar to the extent that you can be. I dont think there is much you can do to increase his interest at this point. The coach is probably more aware of the key points in the timeline than you are. I think you will find out his level of interest soon.

1 Like

He said its too late to help which makes me scared because NYU is getting harder to get into lately

That’s too bad but it’s good that you now have a relationship with the coach should you be admitted. I’d keep contacting other schools as track recruiting can go pretty late. You just might need to be flexible with the type of school.

1 Like

I agree with politeperson…keep contacting coaches.

Did the NYU coach say your stats would get you on the team if you are admitted? If so, I would communicate that message to your NYU AO. Something like ‘although the coach can’t offer me a supported slot, they did say my stats are competitive and I could be on the team/an asset to the team if admitted’. Short and sweet. Good luck.

1 Like

the nyu coach said I hit their recruiting standard but never said I explicitly made the team