NYU Waitlist 2024

Hi guys, didn’t see a waitlist thread so I thought I would create one. I was waitlisted ED. Anyone else?

Sorry to bother, but I had a question regarding the housing portal. When I log into https://housing.nyu.edu/apply, it shows up as academic year 2020-21 “waitlist undergraduate”. Does this mean I’m waitlisted? Does anyone who got waitlisted ED also have this?

Doesn’t show up for me.

i also have this…i’m not sure if anyone else who applied RD and has the academic year has anything different. just a couple more days!

I have been hovering over the RD thread and different people say different things. Trying not to log into my portal and worry unnecessarily. Do ED1 waitlist decisions come out Ivy day?

I know that it says in the letter we will receive decisions starting from May. But I saw in the last year’s thread that some wait listed people got off on same day as RD people (I believe it was mostly SPS Applicants). I wonder if we will get decisions on same day as RD Applicants and hope so as it seems too long to wait until summer to get decision.

Hopefully we find out on RD day. The coronavirus will definitely affect their yield, given the fact that internationals can’t get visas.

That’s bad as I am International Student;;;; Will Unis prefer not to select international students as they can’t VISA at least for now?

They only need visas in 5-6 months’ time… I think the bigger impact is likely to be from internationals deciding being far from home is more risky than it was. We even see the same postings from some domestically.
I personally doubt they will change the offer #s based on coronavirus, you might find they end up taking a lot more people from the waitlist (maybe putting more than usual on the waitlist too in the RD round) if the yield is below expectations.

I also heard that they try and admit as many ED waitlists as possible. So we should get priority when they pick off the waitlist.

hey guys…RD students are getting emails saying decisions come out the 30th. My waitlist offer form is still on my portal too. ED kids should receive decisions this month because I saw a lot of kids get offers in 2023. I do not understand and dont want to wait till May.

true! i guess its the coronavirus that made them give fewer offers… some 2023s i know got offers from the waitlist and started school in spring. dont know if that may apply to us as well. btw im waitlisted from ED2

Hi! People are saying for RD decisions come out 12 at noon Monday.

do u guys still have the waitlist offer form on your applicant portal? If we really will be given a decision shouldn’t that have disappeared by now?

Yeah, I still have that. I’m not excepting to get off the waitlist tomorrow but I don’t think it’ll disappear

Tons of people on the waiting list apparently got their decision on ivy day, so fingers crossed!! whatever happens, good luck everyone :slight_smile:

I have seen on several forums hat 2023 ED waitlisted kids got a decision or an updated email from NYU to see whether theyre still interested. Your comment gave me hope!

People got off the waitlist last thursday??

Sorry, what is a SPS applicant?

I’m really hoping we hear back tmr…

How are we doing today guys?