NYU Waitlist 2024

doesn’t seem that way

Is there some way we can just email and ask if they are planning on accepting us from the waitlist

@hellowaitlist - the waitlist process is iterative. They make initial admissions offers and get responses back. Once they’ve processed those they see what slots they have left and make waitlist offers to balance the class and the schools. Depending on which of those are accepted they may have additional slots. And so on until there are no more openings. So there’s no way anyone in admissions could tell you in advance of your decision that they are planning on accepting you.

Also - hopefully to reduce stress and not add it - NYU WL notifications frequently go into June, guys. Some of the programs even later. Given that many of you are in self-quarantine I know there’s not a lot else that’s exciting to do so if you want to refresh your Albert screens every 15 minutes for a month, go for it … but if you want to have break from the waiting stress, close the NYU portal and check once a day, after 6pm eastern, weekdays. You’ll know almost as fast that way.

DO YOU GUYS HAVE FINANCIAL AID YEAR 2020-2021 BUTTON POPPED ON ALBERT. IT APPEARED FOR ME TODAY

@ilovesoccer123 — Yep! Some of us have had it since earlier today.

@ladybirdsuperfan IN the past, do you know if everyone who had this button has gotten acceptance?

@ilovesoccer123 — I don’t know exactly. I would say not to get too invested in it just in case.

where do you guys see the fin aid year for 2020-21? @ladybirdsuperfan

Go to albert . after housing payment is clicked, a new window of university bursa pop up (pls in Chrome). My pesonal profile has my student ID number, Do you have any idea on it?

@calilivin2020 fin aid year for 2020-21 also in my albert.

I applied RD CAS and was accepted on the first waitlist wave

if i didnt apply for financial aid through fafsa or css, should i not have the 2020-2021 financial aid link? because i dont have it and really hoping thats why… trying to stay positive

@StanfordTree3 i also didn’t apply for aid and don’t have it either. im hoping that’s why we don’t have it

i didn’t apply for aid but i see the financial aid 2020-2021 thing in albert. it’s weird. i don’t really think it means anything tho

@lilykaltinick @StanfordTree3 i also didnt apply for aid and i dont have it, hopefully that is why

will all of you definitely go even if you do not get any aid?

@eliss27 me

See I don’t know if it’s very responsible of me to spend 200k+ dollars for four years to get a BFA in Drama… but I might do it anyway.

We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. So far, I haven’t even gotten accepted.

Anyone here considering the New School? I got into their Screen Studies program and they offered me 25k a year in merit scholarships. It would be much cheaper than NYU but their film program is not nearly as well-ranked so I’m not sure in terms of value