NYU Waitlist 2024

Are waitlisted students suppose to fill out a housing form?

@kat123203 i don’t think so. when i go to mine i can’t even access it - i can’t see academic housing either. we’re not actual students, so probably not.

I still haven’t gotten an email yet :frowning: my applicant portal doesn’t say anything different and i’m nervous

@purplesparkles2 same with me. hopefully people are right in saying that it has no correlation like in past years

@musicalpolitics @purplesparkles2 Did you guys apply ED or RD? Also everyone gets it. It’s in waves. Mine came like 3 hours later than everyone else

housing.nyu.edu/apply

@UCLAParent123 i applied RD! also do the waves mean anything like they did when decisions came out?

@musicalpolitics r u in new england (cuz i am)… this is so weird because my friend at school didn’t get one either

@UCLAParent123 i applied RD as well

@purplesparkles2 no i’m from illinois. this is kinda weird, my portal hasn’t changed either

@musicalpolitics yeah idk whats going on cuz everyone’s gotten it. but like people said earlier, it didn’t have a correlation to their admission last yr so ig we just have to hope for the best

My daughter just got in off of the waitlist today. I think it is a little different because she would have to start in the spring semester, but she was still taken off the waitlist! She applied RD so that did not seem to factor into the decision, and she said that she never recieved that email other people are saying they received. She got her financial aid package as soon as she got her decision. Hope that helped answered some peoples questions!

I bet you got the email. Search your email inbox.

@purplesparkles2 I’m from New England too and I got mine a little while ago, so the waves probably aren’t regional (unless they divide up New England?). I am sure you will get it soon. Either way there’s no correlation, like you said.

@VermontGamecock wow congrats!! I didn’t even know they sent them out this early! How did they notify you? Like did you get an email or just a portal update?

WOW congratulations! What school/major?

@ellie1234 They emailed me this afternoon!

@sonataB The College of Professional Studies, and her major is Sports Management.

When do decisions typically come out?

@sonataB I still haven’t and this new form never showed up on my portal ;(