NYU Waitlist 2024

tbh if you can’t afford full tuition with a lot of comfort i don’t think it’s a move to be making especially for an undergraduate degree. prioritize urself first! not the school! i’ll be considerate in making my decision too if i end up getting off this waitlist. it’s not worth the stress to keep checking albert, the checklists, zooms, etc every 5 minutes haha.

@hellowaitlist I ask too and got a very vague answer too. The person said that there would be more waves to come but she doesn’t know if any schools are full/not accepting more people:(

@hahahahah hopefully tagging the right person - I am Canadian. Good luck!

My son just got off the waitlist and accepted by Tandon School of Engineering. Good Luck!

Does anyone know where to access emails to the admissions officers — Mine is Denisse Ballinas.

can somebody pls email about when the next wave will be? ty!

i got in too but it’s LSP. I think CAS is probably full, sigh

couldn’t be more agree

I got into Liberal Studies today. The only change that I noticed on my portal was the button indicating that I could submit a waitlist form disappeared. Also, I was given an extension on my deposit deadline because I am figuring out financial aid, so if that’s something that would influence your decision make sure you ask if you can have more time to request aid!

is anyone here from New York?

@legit1234 My son was accepted to CAS for biology today. He will likely decline.

@24bunheadmom20 if you don’t mind me asking, was it the financial aid?

Just got into the Liberal Studies Program off of the waitlist!!! I received an email this afternoon around 4:00pm, beyond ecstatic, it hasn’t even set in yet. I didn’t have any of the ‘signs’ like a disappearing application checklist, the Albert thing, or the housing stuff. I didn’t get good financial aid at all, but we might be calling to appeal. I applied regular decision, pretty basic stats, originally applied to CAS but when placed on waitlist, chose that I was interested in both CAS and Liberal Studies.

I did call them just two days prior, asking about the waitlist process, I wonder if that did anything.

So excited for the next 4!!

Do they mention major for CAS? I was told everyone is undeclared to start with.

@aisha55 Yes I’m from NY!

Admitted as LSP… Does anyone know if I can transfer to CAS before fall? Got the zoom sign, checklist sign, COA sign, and Albert! But I really rather go to CAS lol

hey guys, I paid the deposit on albert but the “respond to your offer” button is still there on the applicant portal. does anyone know why it still says this? does the deposit need to be processed or something?

Does anyone know if your admission rep looks at your application for waitlist process or everyone is just in the same general pool?

From the CAS FAQ for new students:
“ All incoming CAS students are asked to indicate a planned major on their applications to NYU, but this is not the same as declaring your major. In fact, all NYU students actually enter NYU as undeclared majors! You will be able to declare (and, if necessary, change) your intended major at any point during your first two years at NYU.”

https://cas.nyu.edu/newstudents/incoming-fy-students/faqs.html

@nyuhopeful242 could you see your cost of aid before you were admitted?