NYU Waitlist 2024

Wow congrats @VermontGamecock I didn’t know they came out this early. I thought they were going to start reviewing applications May 5th.

Which school was she accepted into?

Wow @VermontGamecock congrats!! Has anyone else gotten off yet?

I do not know why I got this email before the May 1st deadline, especially when people are saying that they were not supposed to start reviewing until May 5th. Maybe it is because it is an acceptance to start in the spring, so maybe it is not officially taking me off the wait list even though I was initially waitlisted.

Guys SPS operates on a different schedule than the other NYU schools. last year SPS waitlist was released way before everything else. Don’t read into it y’all.

OK so anyone who hasn’t gotten the email. I looked through last year’s thread bc im paranoid lol and someone called the office last year and essentially the email is sent out on a rolling basis and everyone has an equal chance of getting off the waitlist

of course, it depends by school but not receiving an email isnt a bad sign either

My friend just got into school of professional studies from waitlist too

Do you think they are releasing waitlist decisions by school? Like School of Professional Studies first then maybe stern, CAS, steinhardt, tandon etc?

it could be, it seemed last year it was sent out in groups? but honestly who knows everything could be different this year considering how many people decide not to go because of corona

@VermontGamecock Congratulations for your D on acceptance to SPS and receiving Financial Aid as well!

I also applied to Sports Management Program in SPS and did not hear anything yet except receiving email about Continued Interest Form :frowning:

Do you think now I have lower chance as I see people getting off wait list for SPS?

Hi rich billy!
I don’t think so. You still have big chances! Once there’s people who didn’t accept the admission letter in 72 hrs I believe, the school will move on and pick out more students from the waitlist. So don’t worry for now! The best is yet to come!

@MaiMai1011 Thanks! I wonder people who got off the wait-list for SPS are Spring Term admits and thus different from applicants who applied to fall term?

Everyone applies for fall for NYU, but they allocate some of the admits to start in spring. So I’m guessing in this case it’s just that some spring admits have turned their places down, and that’s the spaces they are filling.

@VermontGamecock if you don’t mind me asking, how was your daughter’s financial aid package. I’ve heard things about NYU not being generous with aid.

Has anyone heard anything about Tisch, by any chance?

Hey guys !!! Got the continued interest form too today. Good luck to everyone and sending out love to all the people who got waitlisted ED1 as well and have been waiting and frustrated for 6 months now. We can wait a little longer. Hang on in there.

I’m not sure if it is in groups or by schools but regardless I’m hoping everyone here gets in.

an ED1 here as well :)) lol feels so reassuring to know someone else has been waiting for half a year LOL good luck!!

This interest form also goes onto show that we have not been accepted yet and the portal changes especially the financial aid and zoom do not matter.

I do not think portal changes mean anything at all so please do not stress over these things if decisions have not been made yet.

Good luck again …hopefully an awaiting ACCEPTANCE CAN BE A MOMENT OF RELIEF IN SUCH DEPRESSING TIMES.

Its hard especially that we r seniors and our last few weeks have been messed up.

Has anyone from Tandon received the Continued Interest form?