NYU Waitlist 2024

I relate for gallatin. Please let there be a wave today

@lilykaltinick Im still waiting for cas/ls. id be grateful for anything at this point

@lilykaltinick and @thatginger, I can relate… still waiting for CAS too

Does anyone have either the COA or checklist indicator yet?

Hi Guys! I just joined this convo… I have no idea about what’s going on with NYU waitlist, how many students have gotten their offers off the waitlist, etc. Can anyone help in getting me up to date? Thanks :smiley:

@fingerscrossed24 welcome! I feel as though the majority of the people that have been following this thread have gotten off the waitlist. Not saying that a majority of the entire waitlist has heard back but at least the ones on this forum. The first wave (Wednesday 6th of march) a lot of people got off for fall, by the looks of it they should’ve gotten in the first place because some posted their stats and they were really good. Seemed as though no one got aid though and a lot declined the offer because of that. That Friday (8th of march) more people got admitted but mostly for spring with a few fall admits. The spring admits it seemed got more aid. Then the following Monday (11th of march) transfer students got off. It seems to be following that pattern of Monday transfers, Wednesday fall admits, Friday spring admits w a few fall. Usually, decisions are released 2pm EST and it seems like people have gotten more aid from the more recent waves. From what we’ve heard from admissions is that this process will continue until August this year apparently and that none of the schools are full so far.

Leading up to your acceptance everyone has been trying to track indicators. Zoom and Housing have been talked about a lot but they seem to be really inconsistent (If you go to zoom in NYUHome and go to account profile it will show “your role”. some have member/member-student/member-affiliate/member-staff. If you go to your housing portal in NYUHome, some people can see a fall term to select for your housing and some see only summer. We’ve seen people with both get off the waitlist). One of the reliable indicators seem to be if you go to Albert and click financial aid on the side bar area and then financial aid links, etc., for some you can view your cost of attendance. Most people who have this, tend to get off the waitlist. The other reliable indicator is your checklist on your application status check page disappearing around 1hr to 20min before the decision is released.

I think that about sums everything up but I’m sure others will have stuff to add.

Thanks a lot for this! This helped a lot!! :blush:

Hi! I got off of the waitlist for Tisch drama last Tuesday. 8000 in aid, which isn’t a ton but I’m making it work!! I did have the indicators and I was able to see an offer of accept/decline before I got my email. Don’t lose hope guys!! :slight_smile:

Anyone here who got off or heard of getting of the waitlist of NYUAD after May 13th??

From what I know, no one from cw4 got off the waitlist after may 13th.

I have checked Facebook group and +20 members from may 18th, i am losing my hope. Almost all students got scholarships they wanted. By considering class size, 20 members are a lot.
NYUAD WL SQUAD.

@Areujam Last year they had 429 students in the class of 2023 and this year they wanted to increase the class size to 500, but I guess some financial problems due to the virus might prevent this to happen

Hey everyone. Any news/indicators?

My zoom account change from member to member - student but I don’t think that really means anything. Fingers crossed though

Hi! My zoom says member - admin and staff. Does anyone know what this change means and if others who have had it have gotten in?

Hi i just joined the convo. I am trying to be really hopeful and positive about the waitlist but the last email i recieved was on the 1st of may where they asked me whether i still want to be considered for the waitlist to which i responded with a yes. It looks like most people got off the waitlist and im really starting to lose hope now. They did write on the email that they carry out this process until august so does that mean i have to wait till august for a reply or no reply at all? im sorry im just having really bad anxiety because of this. Ialso is there anyone like me who didnt get a reply yet?
Please let know. Thanks!

@“girl.87963” At this point we are just waiting for Wednesday which is when we THINK there may be another wave. We’re hoping that they will continue to admit students every Wednesday and Friday until August but we’ll see.

@hellowaitlist Oh okay. Thanks!

Hi all! Just thought I’d hop on here and give you guys my two cents. I’m currently waitlisted for Tisch Drama, and let me tell you, this whole process has been brutal since NYU is my all time dream school. However, I have a family friend who graduated from Tisch a few years ago, and she reached out to one of the dean’s to see if she could get anymore information. Pretty much, she told me that this is probably one of the best years to get waitlisted for NYU. One of the dean’s informed her that they believe they’re going to have to go deep into their waitlist, which is definitely great news to hear! However, this is definitely going to be a long process, and it’s going to last all the way until about August. At this point, all we can do is hope for the best, and hey, at least this year is one of the best years to be waitlisted! I know someone who got off the waitlist today for Tisch Drama, and it’s only a Monday, so the results are definitely coming out sporadically. I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope I was able to give some hope to those waitlisted for Tisch! Hang in there!

hey!! has anyone heard about Meyers yet?