NYU Waitlist 2024

I emailed NYU and they gave me the strong impression that there won’t be more “waves.” :disappointed: I’m gonna pray that the rep is wrong but idk things lookin drid.

@shawnatcarter444 what?! Did they say explicitly that there won’t be more waves? Did you ask about your school specifically or all the school?

@shawnatcarter444

Perhaps you are reading too much in to their response. What did they say?

hey guys I was accepted yesterday OOS CAS. my stats are 1500 SAT, 4.4 GPA, lots of ECs, and good recs/essays. I emailed them a week ago to reiterate my interest in a really brief, short email so that may have played a role in my acceptance. I declined their offer today because the financial aid office was unable to give out more aid, despite the fact that my financial circumstances have drastically changed in the past few months. NYU was my top choice school so it sucks that the only thing standing between me and my dream school was the cost. I really hope you all get in but I think they just want students who will be able to pay in full price at this point. i’m sure there are going to be future waves, so don’t lose hope! & if you’re feeling discouraged, just remember there are options! you can always transfer or go to graduate school there. if you love the city and that’s what drew you to nyu (like it did for me), just know that many city schools may not even have physical classes in the fall so you wouldn’t really be missing out. nyu is a great school but no school is good enough to lose your sleep over. love you all and good luck!!!

Maybe they simply meant that there will be a constant stream of acceptances (as seems to have happened over the past few days) rather than a couple of big waves with nothing between them? After all if people decline they can do it at any point between opening their website and the deadline, there’s no reason for NYU to wait 3 full days every time rather than just offer a declined place to the next person when they get the decline?

Yeah we all still very much have a chance.

“We are not allowed to give out particular details in regards to individual schools. However, we send out an email sometime in the summer once all spots are used up. That being said the chances of getting off the waitlist have always been and remain to be very unlikely. We suggest that you and your family continue to plan your future academic career at [the school I told them I deposited at]. We will continue to asses the situation and if space becomes available over the next coming weeks, we will reach out via email.”

I had asked about stern and Tandon. Maybe im reading into it too much, but I didn’t like the vibe I got from this email. I interpreted it as there won’t be large waves but rather spot for spot individual decisions made.

Hey all, just wanted to say that I got off the waitlist for Stern about 2 weeks ago. They gave no aid though :confused:

@lampschool2

did you send that email to your regional AO or to the general NYU admission office?

@shawnatcarter444 I got similar emails from other universities I’m waitlisted at and my friends did too. I’m guessing most uni send similar emails to their waitlist. They always tell you to deposit at another school bc they can’t guarantee a spot for you… I called last week and they also said they are not giving out specific details about each school:( Although I did call the week before and they said that there will likely be waves every few days in the upcoming weeks. I’m rly rly hoping that’s the case!!

Not much activity has gone on with Gallatin so like idk whats going to happen

Think anything could come in today?

If trends remain consistent, it’s likely there will be a “wave” today

Does anyone have indicators today?

Nope. My checklist is still there

@hellowaitlist - international student

Doesn’t look like anything’s coming today, either. Was it really only that one Friday?

Does everyone else have the accept/decline awards thing

Where are those?

Accept / decline award button was always there after clicking financial aid link in the side of Albert… but there is no award - COA displayer for me.