NYU Waitlist 2024

Ok same

@Rkundu it’s always been like that for me

@hellowaitlist I still haven’t received an offer, I’ve lost hope :frowning:

@hdjshshs Same man. Unfortunately it’s looking like it’s not going to work out. Hopefully you have a backup that you’re excited about.

We still have a couple months or so ahead of us, but I understand how hopeless this feels. I’m trying my best to not think about it too much, but it’s so hard knowing that there’s still a chance. With everything going on in the world, I’ve been feeling a lot of anxiety about the future. Fortunately, they will let us know when spots are filled. Until then, let’s hang in there.

About NYUAD, someone said that chances are slim, because it’s time to do visa and so on. BUT, NYUAD is considering the first semester online, it could also increase chance. I’ve seen a lot of accepted students thinking about deferring academic year.
Anyway, I need letter (accept/reject), it’s super nervous (((( tired.

@Areujam I mentioned visa process in case you have a backup plan, NYUAD is usually not the only uni people apply to, so if you get waitlisted you confirm a spot in the university which accepted you, most people apply to the US I guess, so visa to go there needs to be done too). Also, the online learning doesn’t increase chances because at some point you still have to go to campus, NYUAD would definitely have accepted more students as it was planning for the class of 2024, but due to the virus, it just can’t (I guess). Most people that are applying to NYUAD are attracted by generous scholarships (around 85% of all current students got a full scholarship) and in this situation, the university is unable to give out money as nothing has happened to the financial situation in the world (again, it’s just my opinion and I think that’s the obvious assumptions one can make).

Has anyone received any emailed letter or something else notifying you of admission? Is everyone having to check the portal? Or if you found it on your portal, did you eventually also receive an email?

@HKnyuad
Yeah. And NYUAD maintaining radio silence isn’t helping either.

An email update telling us wht is happening would be a bliss at this moment, no matter what they say.

Do transfers being admitted take up spots for us?

For my waitlist peeps, the possibility of no more waves might be a good news for some of us as we don’t need to stress over the waiting of waves on certain days and it could rly just come out any day on a rolling basis. that being said I really hope all of us get in sooner than later!

No.

optimism is important! I do feel waitlist have chance until mid june… so hang in there but I think it’s imp to start also loving n caring for the college you have already got in!

I know about around 50 people who got waitlisted for gallatin and like none of us have heard back. Like either Gallatin had an exceptionally good yield or it hasnt realised waitlists yet

@an12345 …My gut feel is that work is in progress… with current situation… things take additional time to move… last year 21st may there was a email by NYU stating waves are done… so many admitted… process will continue but most filled… we did not yet get any such mailer yet…

Stern seems to have had a lot of movement so far

@hellowaitlist i sincerely hope stern’s waitlist movement is not done loll

Yup… that’s right… stern processed many waitlist…still let’s hope more acceptances to follow…

Are you sure about 85% receiving a full scholarship?

@Yankeefan20 I heard that from current students, the percentage could be different of course, but that’s what I heard.