NYU Waitlist 2024

what were her stats and was the package good like 25000 usd+

If you respond to the email, is it only indicating continued interest in getting admitted… or is it supposed to be more binding (like, you’ll go if they let you off)? For people who still have a shot at a couple of school wait lists, is it OK to say yes you’re interested, but then decline it if you get in elsewhere first (or even after, and then you’d forfeit the deposit at NYU)? I think so, but there is a debate here about that…

That’s exactly what I want to know. I’m on another waitlist, so is it 100% binding if I say I want to remain on the waitlist? It seems like there is no middle ground…

Does it say it is binding? No, it doesn’t. It is not binding. It is what it says it is - continued interest. They don’t ask you for a deposit either. If/When they offer you admission, you say yes and deposit, even than you can change your mind. But you would loose the deposit, if after “accepting admission” you decided to go elsewhere.

Anyone get anything today?

The waitlist deadline hasn’t even passed. You won’t get anything unless you were waitlisted for professional studies.

And the waitlist deadline is May 5th, right?

May 3rd, but they supposedly start considering waitlisted students on the 5th.

This might help keep your hopes up. Stanford & Princeton started taking off their waitlists on Friday despite having very, very good yield rates in the past. Vandy admitted 800 more students RD this year (NYU admitted 700 more) and still started taking off their waitlist on Friday. Considering the situation in NYC is much worse than Nashville, we still have hope.

When do you guys think they’ll start releasing waitlist decisions, then? I’ve read that they usually release on the first Tuesday of May, which is May 5 … but not sure about that date now.

I bet it’ll still be the end of next week when they release the first wave - NYU wasn’t one of the schools that pushed the decision deadline to June 1, so as of yesterday, they should know how many people accepted their offers and how many people didn’t. It definitely won’t be any earlier I don’t think.

Hi. Guys what majors did you get waitlisted for and what are other majors you are considering?

Am I the only one who didn’t get a continued interest form? I can’t find it anywhere- not on my portal, no email, nada. Could it be maybe because I submitted a second wl form on the 24th saying I would definitely accept an offer? I’m freaking out

I know a few people who submitted 3 or 4, and they still got it. Nevertheless, you should’ve been able to fill out the form on the portal.

@ktj0202 where did you get in?

Been following since long time. International student here, waitlisted from ED2… I have no hope of getting off of the waitlist but I have been crazily following… it’s a torture to be on the WL…NYU better be afraid of hell ???

I submitted a second waitlist form on the 26th and I didn’t get the continued interest form either. It’s not on my portal and I never got an email for it. I’m not too worried but it is kind of weird that everyone else seemed to have gotten the cont. interest form.

I got waitlisted ED1 for Steinhardt and Childhood and Special Education. Any other people get waitlisted for Steinhardt?

Me!! I got waitlisted at Steinhardt for rd

@alexchar25 what did you apply to major in?