NYU Waitlist 2024

Do we anticipate a wave today

My friend is in the NYU’24 facebook group said that someone posted last night that they just got off the waitlist for Stern. Idk when exactly, but I’m guessing no more than 2-3 days ago. Do you guys think the acceptances are still trickling in?

Yes I think now its less of waves and more taking individual people

Did all nyuad people attend the cw? I didn’t, so I guess it wasn’t very possible for me to be admitted all along.

@nyutroch

Did you get the waitlist update this past Thursday or Friday?

If you didn’t, that’s good news as NYUAD students didn’t receive that mail.

Not receiving it might, MIGHT, mean that we are still being considered and can, CAN, expect a wave.

@BdCollege

Man/woman, sometimes I think that you are reading my thoughts. I didn’t get any email.

I want to write to them, but at the same time I don’t want to annoy them. Do you have any ideas about why they are still thinking? I mean they had an enormous amount of time to choose applicants from a few hundreds students (my guess).

The email seemed like it was geared towards those who are going to the New York campus in the fall, since that’s where COVID-19 is the worst.

Damn. I also want to write a mail back to them by Sunday if I can but still on the verge of thinking if I might be bothering them.

Still, if you want to, send them a mail on Sunday as the Abu Dhabi campus is open then while the NYC campus is closed. More chance of getting a reply back from their Abu Dhabi representative.

And as for the delay. I have a theory: I guess they ran into a problem with their funding, just a guess. Don’t quote me on that. I think the recent drop in oil prices and the pandemic might have caused some financial problems and hence so many students were waitlisted, even though they went the extra mile to fly us to their campus with everything paid from their own funds.

And yea, they should have been more transparent if I’m being honest. At least some updates would have helped. This COVID thing really took a toll on my family and the whole waiting period is me stressing and checking this thread every hour, even at 4 am in the morning.

Guess we just have to hope something good is waiting for us at the end of all this.

Stern

@hellowaitlist did you get off the stern waitlist yesterday?

I’m (international applicant) so pissed. I was waitlisted in other 2 US universities and they still didn’t respond.

@choyfa No.

Just got off the waitlist for Gallatin. Good luck everyone

Anyone from CAS? Haven’t heard anyone get accepted off the waitlist from there, so I think I’m done for.

I’m also on CAS waitlist. It’s definitely been a while since I’ve heard anyone from here get on.

@Ctnels Congrats! when did you get in and also did you get a portal update or an email? What were your stats.

@Ctnels ?congratulations ?this is great news and sign. Kindly share which college?

I got off the waitlist for Stern about a week ago.

Congratulations @Grrboaw1212!!

So we are probably waiting for people in our schools to reject their offers right?