NYU Waitlist 2024

I don’t know what to think (((

Last year the final email would’ve came out today iirc. This year may be different because of COVID-19 and the email they had sent out already saying that they’re monitoring the situation. I’m guessing the waitlist will close August 1st this year because of the uncertainty of COVID.

I am guessing they are waiting to see how many people defer.

July 1st is the last date to defer, right?

the whole year will be online and they are recommending to take only 2 courses each semester, instead of 4 and more. i guess a lot of them will defer. wish us luck and fingers crossed.

PLEASE defer stern people

RIP

My fingers are still crossed, but I have no real expectations.

I got the following email:
I am writing with regard to your final status on our waitlist at NYU. Based on our current enrollment numbers, we have decided to close the waitlist. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a space at NYU.

We know that being on a waitlist can be stressful, so we wanted to communicate this change in status as soon as possible – prior to our anticipated date of August 1. We certainly hope that you have found a good academic home to further your studies. Also, please know that you are welcome to apply to NYU again in the future.

Again, I am very sorry we are unable to accommodate you this year and we wish you only the best with your future plans.

Sincerely,

Jonathan B. Williams
Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions

@Loriksama
I’m sorry. When did you receive this email? What campus/school did you apply to?

Jul 1, 03:06 GMT +6.
NYUAD only (international student)

Welp. It’s official. My journey ends here for now.

Good luck to everyone.

I still have hope

Good luck everyone, enjoy learning and have great UG experience in whichever college you are! Remember it’s journey not final destination. Small query- is such letter received by NYC waitlist also?

I haven’t received anything yet. Im applying to NYU NYC. I hope for the best.

NYU NYC already sent an email about their waitlist around mid June, which is this one:

"Thank you, as always, for your patience with our waitlist process. We wanted to provide this update about our waitlist activity so far.

Since early May, we have been actively admitting students off of the waitlist to begin at NYU in the fall. In addition to fall admission, we have admitted another cohort of students to begin in the spring semester in Liberal Studies, Steinhardt, Tandon and School of Professional Studies. We anticipate that these groups represent the majority of the waitlist offers that we will make this year, but we will continue to monitor available space over the coming weeks.

Regardless of your waitlist status or school/program of interest, we ask that you do not send any additional credentials, letters of recommendation, to our office. In our waitlist review process, we primarily consider the original application you presented, and additional materials will not increase your likelihood of admission.

I understand that the uncertainty that comes with your waitlist status can be stressful, so we will do our best to keep you updated on your status whenever possible. Should you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please let us know by replying to this email. Otherwise, you can expect another update on the status of our waitlist no later than August 1."

I believe all the other campuses are closing because they don’t have a problem as severe as the New York campus, and the New York campus is still open because of the uncertainty.

hmm there must be a reason why NYU NYC campus is not sending us a final email… i’m just waiting

It’s just because they’re waiting until August 1st. I haven’t heard of any students being admitted to NYC in a long time.

My guess (hopefully): NYU might admit a few more students this and next week as 1. The deadline for deferment just passed (July 1), and 2. a lot more other schools released their waitlist decisions not so long ago. :slight_smile:

How many people defer or withdraw? NYC is so expensive now. Safety is another concern.

just called up NYU admissions, they said theyre looking pretty full for the fall, so they dont anticipate taking many other students off the waitlist, if any