NYU Waitlist 2024

They’re pretty much done letting people off the waitlist. Just got this today:

Dear ____,

I am writing to provide you an update about our waitlist. At this point in time, all of our programs and campuses are at capacity. We very likely will not have any additional spaces to award.

If we are able to extend a space to you, we will notify you by email sometime before August 1. I will write again on or just after August 1 with a final update. We respectfully ask that you do not send any additional emails or letters (either directly or from others) to affirm your interest in NYU. Please rest assured that we will give you the closest possible consideration if any space becomes available.

Thank you, as always, for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jonathan B. Williams

What was the point of this “update”. Might as well just wait until August 1st then tell us it’s officially over.

I wonder why transfer students haven’t gotten any of these updates

So…are there not any spots open from the loss of international students???Someone please explain.

I agree the email was not helpful . Interesting this email is a bit different than the “Close waitlist…” email NYUAD received last week…

The email was fairly useless. I suppose they are going to make us wait until August 1st to tell us there is no chance of being accepted.

Which courses will and won’t be online is still being finalized. I’m guessing that some students are waiting to see what happens there as well as whether they can get visa appointments (most embassies are still closed) before actually pulling out. I’d expect there will be some internationals yet to withdraw. That said, another email by NYU today on Covid preparations for fall spoke about “ Setting in place enrollment and space capacity caps” to help with distancing - it’s not clear to me if that means they are now aiming for a smaller freshman class than they were, but it kind of sounds like it.

The email yesterday wasn’t a definite no, but it is basically a rejection. It’s true that students might not be able to get a visa right now, but NYU has stated on their website that around 1/3 of their students are doing classes online or at a site closer to home. As for the ICE thing yesterday, NYU has made an in-person class so that international students currently going to the school can stay.

The only possibility of getting in right now is if students decide they can’t get a visa and know for a fact that they don’t want online classes.

Does anyone still check this?

My friends are all taking gap year now.

I mean we should wait till aug 1?? But with the situation in the US right now I dont think Ill go…

@hellowaitlist : I did come today after a long time to check it, but by now I am not waiting for it, it seems there is no more admissions for stern.

All the best everyone for wherever you join- have great learning experience ??

Sorry it didn’t work out, guys. Best of luck!

Maybe a lot of students will be taking a gap year?

Hi all, haven’t commented in a while. At this point, I have moved on from holding out hope. I suppose there could still be a rare possibility, but it doesn’t seem likely. I hope everyone stays safe this school year and starts getting excited about whatever school you have chosen. It’s been quite a long ride being deferred then waitlisted at NYU, but I’m still very thankful for the opportunity. Hope everyone is doing well!

@dc12345 Which school did your friends take a gap year from?

I live in NYC so I would go, but NYU might limit the number of students this year because we don’t know how the pandemic is going to play out in the upcoming months.

any updates?

nope. Just waiting it out for August 1st like inmates on death row

Transfer student did get their final result on 15th july…strangely it seems there is no acceptance after last letter / update… n by now we sort of mentally moved on…it was quite a long bumpy ride…