NYU Waitlist 2024

Yep, been an interesting ride. Thanks to everybody here who have helped me along the way. BEST wishes to you all!!!

Yup, interesting ride indeed. Glad it is finally confirmed. Time to concentrate full time on current school and get ready for Fall. For those of you that were waitlisted for STERN and did not get off waitlist, remember, you were on waitlist for one of the most competitive business schools in the country - single digits acceptance rate 7%. Stay positive and focused as I am sure you will perform great this Fall at your choosen school. Good Luck to all :smile:

Thanks everyone! This forum helped a lot in the ride. All the best everyone. Stay safe, healthy and keep trying your best.

I was planning to make the first comment of this account as an acceptance from the waitlist. Unfortunately, that day didn’t come. Anyway, it has been a stressful and emotional experience. We’re the “waitlisted” class of 2024 in NYU. Best to all of you!

Well this is depressing. We were rejected from the waitlist during the best possible year. Even during a global pandemic with NYC as the hotspot and riots ravaging the city, tuition still at an all time high and we still couldn’t get off the waitlist.

@hellowaitlist That actually made it the worst possible year. NYU is trying to cap its students coming to campus this fall because of social distancing orders etc. Due to the crisis financial aid is also at an all time low and I know they have been rescinding admission offers as well quite harshly for people who haven’t done well in their final transcript and also with the housing and etc they wouldn’t want to take on extra students so dont feel bad. I hope you have a good academic journey ahead and look forward to the fall where ever you are. NYU is big on transfers so thats something if you really have your heart set on NYU.

Ok thanks that gives me a new perspective and makes me feel better

You would be better to have a back up plan. As a current student at Gallatin I can tell you it’s not worth it. The ROI on your degree will be well below avg. You will have fun exploring different useless subjects but find it’s nearly impossible to get classes in other colleges except for CAS, LS. Advisors are not that great and rarely do any of them have any experience in other areas that do not involve performing arts or gender studies or some other program that any company will pay you for. They oversell the advising and flexibility. The fact that they have a topic on how to Sell Your Gallatin Degree should tell you… it’s hard for someone to take you seriously unless you already have connections.

Sorry to bother you, but did you get into NYU? I am asking because I have the same phrase, “waitlist undergraduate” on my portal. Thanks.

Wait, what is on your portal??

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Hi! I’m a current senior this year and my housing portal says the exact same thing (decisions are not out yet). Did you end up actually getting waitlisted? I would really want to know, thanks.

Hi, I also applied to gallatin in 2022 fall ed 2. however, I got my waitlist this year :frowning:
Have you got admitted from waitlist in the end :pleading_face: