NYU Waitlist 2024

@gconboy Nope! How about you?

If they’re releasing by schools, who would come next after SPS?

@MaiMai1011 i haven’t heard anything but the majority of waitlists go to Steinhardt and some other schools because they offer spring admission! so hopefully that’s something positive!

Hey guys writing my waitlist form last minute here. How long were yours? I have everything down but I’m not sure it’s enough.

weren’t they due like may 1st?? but mine was abt 400 words

They extended it to today at 11:59 lol. Thanks for the reply I got around 400 words in and just submitted it.

@CulturalPoint Weren’t there only two options on the continued interest form? Yes or No. I didnt see anywhere where you could write few sentences or paragraphs.

I’m waitlisted ED1 for MCC Steinhardt. Anyone else that applied ED1 who know the 6 month wait struggle? ?

1 Like

@asdfgh3 there should be a space towards the end of the page where you talk about your accomplishments since then.

@asdfgh3 It was the very first continued interest form that we got our decisions with.

@stefaniejane Right here friend

Any chance the first wave could come out today?

@UCLAParent123 I was hoping too but I doubt because we did the whole waiting thing in March when RD came out and nothing happened. At this point it feels like everything is as delayed as possible :neutral: . Hopefully tmrw if not today .

pretty sure in last year’s thread they mentioned something about nyu tweeting out an update this week, and then the first wave came out towards the end of the week. also it was weird because they didn’t send emails out to everyone they offered before they saw their status update on the portal - so make sure to look at your portal regularly for updates.

I think the first wave started May 7th which was a tuesday last year

deleted comment

@Ahonaa031 A lot of other schools started taking off waitlist much earlier this year. I hope NYU does the same especially bcs now they know their yield.

I hope too because I have gotten off of other waitlists but let’s see with NYU. Their financial aid is not so swell.

Hey guys! I’ve been following this thread for a while. I was waitlisted RD for CAS (Political Science) and Liberal Studies. I asked the admissions office about the forms of continued interest, since I did not get an additional one, and they said:
“Greetings, you recently confirmed your interest in NYU. Thus, there is no need for you to submit an additional form.
Best,
Name
Admissions Assistant
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
New York University”
I submitted my form on April 20th, so this is just for clarification. I have been following the 2023 thread and there shouldn’t be a correlation between getting admitted and getting the second form of interest. Hope this helps you all! Best of luck!

im so paranoid i was waitlisted for mcc at steinhardt too!!! so many people are waitlisted this year tho so i feel like my chance of getting in still is less even if they take more off the waitlist as compared to other years