NYU Waitlist 2024

@bloodorangejuice I said I’d be open to spending my first year anywhere, and I don’t have the updated portal change. But my zoom says Member-Student so idk. I don’t think any of the changes mean anything tbh

@gconboy same

Where do I find my zoom account?

Also they might start releasing today in groups or schools - last year thats what it looked like. I chose majors across multiple schools so fingers crossed.

it might be that some people have certain updates and others don’t based on the program/school you applied to because of what @Ahonaa031 said

I only have Summer 2020 and Member on Zoom … I don’t think they mean anything (hoping they don’t)

lol I hope these changes mean nothing. I know from other forums plenty of people were accepted with no changes at all. We just have to wait it out I guess. Good luck to everybody!

Guys I can pay the $1000 Fall 2020 housing deposit now. Is this the same for everyone?

@ellie1234 I agree! a lot of people last year didn’t have changes, and also a lot of people this year might decline their offer because of the tendency for them to offer only spring admission, meaning that there will be other waves.

@UCLAParent123 how did you find that? did you have the housing update like a lot of other people or did it just change from Summer 2020 for you?

@gconboy You go to the housing payment website and click deposits. It gave me the option to select Fall 2020 and I was able to pay $1000. Mine only says Summer 2020 so idk.

To find it go to Albert > NYU Housing Payments > Bursar E Sites > Desposits.

Does everyone have it?

@UCLAParent123 I have that too. But then again I also only have summer 2020 on my housing portal and none of the updates that other people have so it might just be a universal thing. were you not able to do that before? I’ve never been on that website so idk if I was able to

@UCLAParent123 can you actually complete the payment? I have had the option on my bursar esuite thing for a while, but I’m pretty sure that for most people that have it the program will stop them somewhere along the payment process and nobody can complete it. I think that was the general consensus in the RD thread.

@UCLAParent123 I have it

@ellie1234 Yeah I’m able to fully pay it. It didn’t stop me. But I didn’t send them money lol for obvious reasons, so it might have declined the payment if I actually tried to. But I was able to get to the very last step.

@UCLAParent123 I have it too

@UCLAParent123 I am able to put in my bank info and stuff but never went any further because I don’t have $1000 to send them and I don’t want it to charge by accident or something lol but Idk if other people have been able to get so far as you did

does anyone with previous knowledge of the waitlist process have any info on what the housing updates mean? like if it means people won’t get offers if they didn’t get the fall 2020 application update?

Is there a consensus on if “member-student” in zoom is indicative of anything? Mine said member yesterday, but member-student today.

I think the housing change has only happened for CAS students- Right?