NYU Waitlist 2024

From experience (my kid is at NYU) the bursar’s site will take deposit payments from anyone for the Fall so definitely not a sign of anything good or bad if you see that. I’ve never heard of the housing message where you’re told you need to accept your admissions offer before proceeding but that sounds pretty promising. I hope the first wave comes out soon and many of you get good news!

@lerina what makes you say that?

I am unable to get into nyu.edu

that might make sense if it’s true; last year it seemed that the order the waves went out in were sps and cas and then steinhardt on the later end of the week. lol pls correct me if I’m wrong I don’t totally remember what they mentioned in last year’s thread

I indicated that I don’t have to dorm, so would the housing application portal actually mean anything for me? Mine says summer 2020.

@gconboy I actually believe that last year, no one/very few people got off the waitlist for CAS. I think the order was SPS, then LSP/Global Liberal Studies, Steinhardt with spring admits and Stern sparkled in between.

Does anyone know what it says on the zoom account profile for people who are already admitted?

I get 403 Error (Not Found) for nyu.edu and the zoom page. However, I can access my portal, Bursar and Albert…

Also, how does the waitlist work if you said that you would like to be considered for more than one school? Stern was the school I was waitlisted at but I also put CAS and Tisch. Would you be considered for all the schools and be given your pick? I made clear in my letter that stern is where I want to go.

@shawnatcarter444 I think Tisch is out of the question because they require an audition which you probably didn’t do. CAS I’m not sure

I just asked someone in CAS, and they’re a Member on Zoom.

I am a member on zoom and got the fall 2020 message. Applied for CAS as well.

I just called and asked if the change in the housing portal from Summer 2020 to Fall 2020 with the message meant anything and they said no. They also said that an email will be sent out when offers are being made. Honestly don’t know what any of this means, because the Fall 2020 message seems pretty promising, but also in the past, all of the updates have been super sporadic and don’t really have a correlation to each other.

I assume many CAS spots will be open due to the corona situation

When you call, you should ask where can I put my deposit to access my housing. Then they go into the system and see what you’re talking about, then they can verify. Admissions are just going to deny everything right now.

can someone else call to ask that lol

Is my Zoom account the only one that says ‘admin staff’? Because I’m not seeing affiliate or student at all.

my zoom id says licensed

As far as emails are concerned, I was going through last year’s thread or some thread about waitlisted or transfer kids in specific and found that a lot of people actually did not get emails and had to monitor portals. I am not sure but I have read a few posts somewhere.

@Ahonaa031 yes, I read that too, the student portals were updated before the emails were sent out.