NYU Waitlist 2024

Also I am never going to try anything with housing again because I’ve been on these threads for 6 months now and nothing with housing changes relate to acceptances or rejections . It is inconsistent and I refuse too stress over that. I’m starting to doubt we will hear anything back today at all. Hopefully this wait was worth it but sometimes it feels like uggh.

did anybody got offered for spring 2021? I got into Tisch

@ktj0202 You got in already? congrats!

I heard Tisch waitlist results often come out the earliest.
So most likely for majority of the majors, it’ll probably come out throughout later this week to July. We’re going have to wait a bit @ my fellow CAS, Rory Meyers, Tandon, SPS, LS, etc.
I also read on Reddit NYU forums that majority of those who got accepted through waitlist are being offered for Spring 2021. Still need to confirm that.
Regardless, @ktj0202 Congratulations! Your wait is over!

I think those who got accepted for Spring term 2021 got their decisions around May 1st.

@ktj0202 Congrats! Can I ask what major you got accepted into Tisch for and when you heard from them?

@asdfgh3 do you mean for sps and tisch? All of the other schools haven’t announced anything yet and last year the majority were spring admits later on in the week.

I dmed the NYU Admissions Twitter and they said that decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis starting tomorrow.

This year it seems like spring admits are being announced earlier especially kids that got into gallatin and now tisch.

do most people taken off the waitlist get into the spring session or can u also be admitted to attend fall?

u can be admitted to the fall most are in fact but sometimes if NYU likes u and theres no space in a program they put u in spring admission.

@Ahonaa031 a lot people have already heard off of the waitlist??? I didn’t think that was a majority consensus

Any idea when Stern will start since they don’t do spring admits?

oh no not many have heard but I’m just saying it seems like the one or two people I have seen get off are spring admits and in gallatin or tisch. Also last year gallatin and Tisch took people off first … thats why i assumed. @gconboy

@asdfghjkl350 so i guess it’s less likely that we will get anything today

im wondering that too. Just log into ur portal after 4 pm to give it a look.

@Ahonaa031 I know some people got accepted for Spring term 2021 for my major, so does that mean there is not much space left for Fall hence I would have a really slim chance?

@asdfgh3 what is your major?

Guys, my housing portal was updated. It’s now showing me Summer 2020 and 2020-2021 Academic Year. Does it have any meaning? If I go to the housing application page, I can apply to the housing for the Fall and Spring term. This is so confusing.

@asdfgh3 You know I’m not sure but you shouldn’t stress because not everyone that was accepted ED, RD or even for spring off the waitlist will accept the offer. So they might have space good luck.

I checked off a lot of programs on the waitlist offer form that I was interested in…it’s scaring me too.