NYU Waitlist 2024

@emlamb someone called admissions and asked if the changes for fall 2020 housing stuff etc meant anything and they said no… check some of the previous thread pages

guys with housing changes let me know which school you all are in for

@an12345 I’m waitlisted for stern: zoom says member-student; housing says only summer; can’t pay deposit thingy

so they’ve confirmed that housing changes and zoom changes don’t mean anything right? so there is no reason to be neurotic about it guys. we’re all nervous but this is almost spam at this point. i want to hear about actual updates

It’s been confirmed on the regular decision thread. It’s been confirmed last year. It’s been confirmed the year before. Housing changes don’t mean anything.

I agree. I obsessed over housing changes for so long and it’s so easy to stress about but they really don’t mean anything. Let’s all just chill out and wait for our final decision. I wish you guys all the best of luck tomorrow and over the next few months.

guess we’re going to have to wait until tomorrow and onwards, nothing went out today. good luck to everyone!!

Here’s to another day. Cheers everyone

I don’t have the housing change. But for some reason, I feel

“Our records indicate that you have not yet submitted your deposit to accept your admission to the University. Once you have accepted, you will be able to access the housing application.”

can only mean that those students have been admitted. There is literally no other reason it would say that…

No other housing change has said “accept the offer of admission to the university…”

and also, you can’t really ever trust what the AOs have been saying… this happened early action for UMich. I had a final transcript X, AOs said it meant nothing, and lo and behold, it signified admission.

Congratulations to the hopeful admits!

I am sure these words are different than other “housing changes” which may not have mattered.

For people who got the “Our records indicate that you have not yet submitted your deposit to accept your admission to the University. Once you have accepted, you will be able to access the housing application.” message, where did you see it? Was it on the housing portal or the housing payment page?

yes, this might be true. but it also could be highly possible that other people who don’t have that could get in as well. there are multiple waves and people have heard back as late as mid-June. we’ve established that housing changes don’t mean anything, and we honestly don’t know what’s going to happen.

Somehow, I happen to have that under Fall 2020 on my housing portal. I hope everyone on this thread gets into NYU tbh lol.

Kinda interesting that it updated today, the day they said they’d start looking at WLs

How do I access the housing portal in the first place? Everyone is talking about it but the only thing I can access is my admissions portal.

https://housing.nyu.edu/apply

@delvir https://nyu.zoom.us/account

I think it is a very promising change (and I would be super excited if I had it), but I would hate for somebody to think they for sure got in and then to find out tomorrow that it meant nothing. And it sucks when you don’t have the change and stress about it nonstop, only to get good news later on. In general it is better to take all signs with a grain of salt. Don’t stress too much if you don’t have them and don’t get too excited if you do. We just don’t know what it means, if anything.

perfectly said. we already know a lot of you have had housing updates, and that is great. but a lot of other people haven’t, so it’s stressful for everybody to keep posting the exact same information, over and over again.

@ourhopeworld when I try and open it it only shows summer housing applications and then when I click that it says applications are not being accepted. Does this matter for my waitlist position at all because I was never notified about this in the first place.

@jahseh that’s what I have

i didn’t even apply for housing and it says summer 2020. i really don’t think it means anything