NYU Waitlist 2024

Summer housing option:

• should be available to everyone to see because you don’t need to be a NYU student to reserve it (whether for NYU summer sessions or just as accommodation while doing internships etc)
  • is showing “applications not being accepted” message because this year no NYU summer housing is available to anyone because of covid (in fact they are using some of the dorms to house medical workers right now and that may well continue into summer if the situation stays bad)

@jahseh no one was notified about the housing portal because no one has been admitted yet, a lot of people are exploring the applicant portal to find clues on whether or not they have been accepted, i wouldn’t look to much into it

For those whose housing portal says fall along with the message about first accepting/enrolling, are you dorming or non-dorm? I’m trying to figure out if the housing portal changes for those that indicated that they won’t be dorming

@SJ2727 what do you think about the message about fall 2020 with the admissions offer? idk you just seem to know a lot about the process. it’s not a definite “no” if some people don’t have it, right?

I think it’s a good sign for those who have it (I don’t think I’ve heard about it before this cycle though) but definitely not a definite no for those who don’t. I think following prior years threads, that most people who get in don’t actually have any changes beforehand.

@SJ2727 and @ourhopeworld Thank you so much for the help. I talked to an AO earlier today and she said admissions would start rolling out this week anyway. I hope that’s sooner rather than later. Please lmk if there’s anything else I should know.

you guys look into things way too deeply. IT DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING

right?! lol there’s just pages of conspiring

this is silly. let’s all band together and update each other with REAL information and legitimate portal updates (checklist disappearing, etc) or any emails. :slight_smile:

literally! i check and there’s 45 notifs from this thread and 99% of it is housing/zoom and i have to sift through all of it to find 1% of actual info. everyone needs to chill lol

My brother goes to nyu and the housing never means anything

So just to be clear based on what I read, sps came out, tisch and gallatin also came out right? So we are just waiting for cas steinhardt and stern? Or is it random ?

Oh and tandom too

Tandon*

i don’t think the majority of decisions have come out, only a few select people have mentioned sps and tisch, but no one for liberal/global studies, Rory meyers, cas, steinhardt, and stern has said anything. plus someone asked an AO and I’m pretty sure they mentioned it would be later in the week?

For the Stern folks, what did you put as your second choice major if anything? Would it increase the likelihood of being taken off the wl?

I only read that mostly Tisch and SPS decisions came out. I haven’t heard from Gallatin, Stern, Steinhardt, Rory Meyers, CAS, LS/GLS so far just as @gconboy says. There might be some transfers who do get accepted and their acceptances might also be accidentally confused with undergrad waitlist results.

Otherwise once again, let’s keep the confusion and housing “panic” to a minimum and focus on the necessary information to convey to fellow waitlisters.

Housing doesn’t mean anything. NYU is not stupid enough to make a blatant mistake like that. And if it was an indicator, they would’ve fixed/patched it already. But it’s still there which means it doesn’t matter.

that’s a good way of looking at it. i appreciated reading that lol

@little2024 Yes I am on waitlist for Gallatin. Applied ED1.

1 Like