NYU Waitlist 2024

just got waitlisted… feels bad man, so what’s the deal? It looks like they don’t want you to send continued interest letters?

do you guys think they’ll be taking second semester grades into account? my motivation has slipped a bit

@whuang , it’s stated that they didn’t admit any one from waitlist on one recent year, so don’t hold your hope up, it’s time to move on.
https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/how-to-apply/wait-list-faq.html

I have a bit more hope this year judging by New York’s current situation, but at the same time I don’t want too much hope.

Current NYU students hate NYU because of their apathy and exploitative mannerisms. I can gladly tell you that you are worth much more than NYU!

There will be hundreds of students accepted off the wait list this year - there is so much uncertainty with COVID-19. Everyone should hang in there if they really want to go to NYU.

Even then, there are probably thousands upon thousands of those waitlisted. It’s not 100% certain that some of us here will get in.

For people who got waitlisted ED1 AND ED2…we’ve been waiting like 4 months to reach a conclusion we just have to hang on a little longer.

1 Like

Well, I guess we would have to wait another 2 month or even more. I was really hoping to get decision today and was also kind of expecting as I saw from last year’s thread, some people got off on same day as RD Day. However, it seems no one in Wait-list got notified with their decision. I really hope they release tomorrow or soon so we don’t have to wait until May or Summer.

I doubt anyone who’s waitlisted rn will get their applications before May 1st. That’s when deposits are due, and NYU would know how many spots they have left open to fill.

Agree as it’s also written in admission letter. But at the same time makes me wonder why did then some people get their decision on RD Day last year. That was the only reason why I was expecting to get notification on same day as RD Applicants.

Waitlisted ED2 SPS, saw that last year someone got off the waitlist on RD decision day but currently haven’t heard anything yet, guess we need to wait until May…

Unfortunately I think so. Did you apply to Sports Management Program?

I think they might start taking people off the waitlist earlier this year… I know 2 ppl who got off Uchicago waitlist in the past few days. Coronavirus probably significantly impacted yield.

I really hope so.

Got waitlisted for Tisch Photography and Imaging. Was definitely my top choice for schools so was kind of disappointed. Hoping a spot opens up, but I know it has a smaller school size so that’s not very likely. Still trying to stay positive! Anyone else get waitlisted for Tisch?

Hey guys!
Do you know where to submit your letter of continued interest? Is it on the waitlist form or do we email them separately? Thank you!

Does anyone know if we get admitted by waitlist if anyone drops? What I mean by that is that if I applied for CAS and a student from Gallatin doesn’t accept the school, will I still get in for his spot if I was next for waitlist?

I’m pretty sure there was a spot on that in the waitlist form we got in the portal

I didnt read the additional questions and currently am having issues logging into my NYU account. Does anyone know if we are ranked? Are we still considered for FA if we are accepted?