NYU Waitlist 2024

NYU claims we aren’t ranked. Here’s the waitlist FAQ: https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/how-to-apply/wait-list-faq.html

Got waitlisted from NYUAD. :frowning:
How hard are my chances of getting off the waitlist as they accept very few people?

@richbilly Yes I did! you as well?

I am also an international student

@BdCollege theoretically it would be easier this year because of the situation in NYC, but even then I won’t really count on it 100%

My “Mid Year Transcript for __ High School” was taken off from the checklist

Mine still says Mid Year Report and on the left side it says received. Was this removed from your portal?

I was waitlisted for ED I, and just got an email notification that NYU received my CSS profile for non-custodial parent (which i submitted in November) … not sure if this is a sign?

@UCLAParent123 I checked before RD decisions came out and it was still there with received on the left side. I just checked and mine is gone from the checklist as well, although it still said they have received it under the “upload materials” section. What does that mean…

My thinking is that maybe because of the coronavirus, many schools are closed so there can’t be any tests or moderation or new reports, in my case my school has been closed since February. So maybe the report is now not required…?

Does NYU take LOCI?

@dbrusoccer
From the FAQs on the website it sounds like they don’t take LOCI since they say to update them on any new accomplishments through the waitlist acceptance form

do AP exams affect waitlist chances

Any idea when they release decisions

@an12345 hi, so I was going through last year’s thread and people started hearing back by 5th May. The ones received in early may were usually for Steinhardt, Gallatin and LSP. However, I’m not sure if the current situation will push their dates further.

@sinvovercosv1482 Thank you! I applied to Gallatin hopefully we hear back soon. The wait is killing me. I just want to know. Especially during the current situation it would be good to have any certainty. Wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

I hope so. Waitlisted ED 1. I hope we hear before May 1

Is it ok to send the waitlist interest form through bullets?

@an12345 I feel the same. After waiting so long for the decisions, it’s really unsettling to wait for more time. I also applied to three different countries so I’m really confused about whether the corona situation in all of those places should impact where I plan to enroll. I’m thinking about committing to BU though, what about you?

@sinvovercosv1482 I have also applied to a few different countries. Imao Im going to enroll without worrying too much about corona because it’s going to affect the entire incoming freshman population and worst case most universities will go online for the first semester. Also corona will hopefully die out within the next year but you will be in the uni you chose for the next 4 years and it will impact your future for much longer so pick the uni that is right for you. I’m thinking of commiting to schools in the UK. I’m not too sure.