NYU Waitlist 2024

accepted off waitlist today
major: journalism

@LeviAru Thank you so so much I really appreciate you calling them. Let me know what they say in the chat

@caligirl2024 when?

@NefiSF will your son be attending Tandon?

Accepted off waitlist today (got email at 2:06pm EDT) - Global Liberal Studies. I hope to find out the First Year Away location (if in fact, that is still happening).

I don’t understand how my son gets Accepted to Notre Dame and gets waitlisted for NYU.

@spark777 - yield management is a thing apparently. Accepted at UCLA, UVa - waited listed at U of Miami. So the school got the impression that you weren’t going to attend and were applying to NYU as a backup.

@EmptyNestSoon2 His wanted to go to NYU before Notre Dame

On my housing, it says “Summer 2020” and “The academic year 2020-2021” so Idk what that means. However, my checklist is still there. I’m hoping to get off the waitlist when the new waves start to happen. Good luck to everyone!

@EmptyNestSoon2 yes

@asdfgh3 Hey, can u share what else they said in the email? Did they mention specific time frames? Thanks!

I still haven’t gotten the email :frowning: but my acceptance letter is on the portal

@tsunami241287 When today did the acceptance letter pop up

My son got off for CAS. But there is no major specified. Is it normal?

@jahseh Yes, my checklist disappeared about 1 hour before I received a decision.

is there anybody who got in without receiving any of the “hints” like the Albert or housing portal

My son was fortunate to be admitted to Stern during RD, but didn’t learn about his specific program acceptance until a few days later. Given the 72 hour decision acceptance window now, I would give them a call tomorrow to better understand whether it’s a general acceptance and what his options are. Congrats, btw.

Around 1:56

My friend got into Tandon and he had the message on housing portal. I think most people that got in had one or the other or both.

@ilovesoccer123 Probably not. He also got off the waitlist at Northwestern today.