NYU Waitlist 2024

I just got off the wait-list for Stern, but letter does not specify major (frankly, I dont recall what major I applied under Stern). Did your son apply for a specific major (say finance) and get the same??

@eucalyptus188 i applied edII

Anyone accepted to Gallatin off the waitlist today?

@eliss27 I got in for fall 2020. I said in my waitlist letter something like “see you on campus this fall” because I really didn’t want to do spring semester. Not sure if that really affected my decision though.

are people still getting off right now?

does anyone know when is the next wave for getting accepted?

can someone help me out - how am i able to view the replies on this comment?

@collegegenius101 if someone replied to you they would’ve @ you and it would notify you by the little bell icon. The “3 replies” at the top by your username is how many times you replied to anyone on this sight in the past. Not sure if thats what you’re confused with…but it honestly confused me at first.

When he was accepted by Stern, the initial letter didn’t state the major. Two or three days later, he received a separate email indicating admittance to their Business and Political Economy program (and he was elated).

Did anyone get accepted off of the waitlist for Tisch with a major in film? I’ve been scouring the internet and I can’t find anyone from the wave that went out today with that major.

Admit rates for both colleges are similar, around 15%. Being accepted at one doesn’t at all mean the other is a slam dunk, especially with NYU getting increasingly competitive stats wise every year. Median admitted SAT at NYU this year was 1500.

agreed however it also depends on the major. For example I think NYU Stern finacial major is highly competitive against any college including some Ivy finance programs.

Anyone else waiting for steinhardt?:frowning: Good luck to y’all!

My daughter got in to Amherst, Williams, Swarthmore, Smith, Kenyon, Hamilton waitlisted at Oberlin and Bryn Mawr. Who knows why? We thought of these two as her “safeties” Maybe they figured that out somehow.

Yessir! Just got off the waitlist today and got into Gallatin! I applied RD. Also, good luck to those still waiting!

Absolutely- I thought that parent’s son was heading for CAS though. Although, CAS apparently also has single digit acceptance rates, but I haven’t see anything official on that number.

are u ED1?

@stellarpasta Sorry for the very late reply, but it’s here : https://nyu.zoom.us/account

@SJ2727 Notre Dame acceptance rate is a few % harder to get admitted. Also it’s ranked 15 as NYU 29. My sons SAT was over 1500. He is a biochem major

@sonataB I don’t understand how that happens