NYU Waitlist 2024

@musicalpolitics Hey! I was admitted yesterday too but also received poor aid. I sent the financial office an email asking to appeal and am still waiting for a reply. How do you know your appeal hasn’t gone through already?

Bulk of decisions should come out soon. However, as some of those decline, those spots will be made available to the next bunch, etc, so the main part of the waitlist process may take a few weeks. At that point, judging by past years, NYU will send an email informing the remaining waiting applicants that most spots are gone and very few will remain. But… in the last few weeks before school reopens, some kids always withdraw from their previously accepted places (summer melt, plans change, finances change, the rare one who got rescinded etc) and a few places therefore still become available at that late stage to those on the waitlist. Of course by then you will have definitely committed and planned somewhere else so it can be a mad scramble to change plans. When we did our NYU tour, our guide said he had been one of these very late waitlist admits!

Thank you for your help @SJ2727 . I’m glad to have some more clarity on this process. Are you on the waitlist yourself?

GUYS MY FINANCIAL AID PORTAL JUST CHANGED. I CAN NOW SEE COST OF ATTENDANCE AND IT SAYS “FINANCIAL AID YEAR 2020-2021” All my friends who had this change got accepted yesterday while I obviously did not. This change happened like a few hours ago.

Does anyone else have this?

where do you check it? @UCLAParent123

@UCLAParent123 Where do you find that?

Do you mean the Albert > Financial Aid > Financial Aid Links > Aid Year Link ?

@pianolover78 @calilivin2020 It’s on albert. Click financial aid and then financial aid links

@ladybirdsuperfan yes

Mine just says financial aid summary and that’s it.

@UCLAParent123 And does it have an actual price there? Because, in that case, for me, no.

@pianolover78 Does it say “Financial Aid Year 2020-2021” when you click on financial aid links?

Did you click on the Financial Aid Summary button?

Not that I see.

@ladybirdsuperfan No i just clicked on “Financial Aid Links” and then “Financial Aid Year 2020-2021” just appeared.

@UCLAParent123 has your checklist disappeared?

I see “Financial Aid Year 2020-2021” too but no actual cost. Does this mean admission?

@UCLAParent123 Mine leads to a screen that says “Estimated Cost of Attendance” and then “There are no awards to display.” And that’s it.

@cal1wahhhhh I think it does. For people who gained admission, they all had “Financial Aid Year 2020-2021” but it didn’t show them cost until portals updated. omg. I think they r coming out tomorrow