NYU Waitlist 2024

Does everyone has this when you click the link?

Some people don’t have the financial aid year at the bottom. Last wave, everyone who had this got in.

yup i have the same thing as @UCLAParent123

Last wave, no more acceptance from waitlist?

I also have the financial aid link for 2020-21 (Stern RD) but I had this earlier this week when the first wave came out.

@hello121456 Are you sure absolutely sure about that? Because mine changed like 5 hours ago

@UCLAParent123 yes, i remember seeing it on Tuesday

oh well doesn’t mean anything after all

@asdfghjkl350 hey! i emailed too and got no reply so i called the financial aid office. basically they said there’s nothing that can be done. sophomore-senior year you can appeal for scholarships, but they said it’s not guaranteed and it’s only about $1,000-$4,000. and idk if this is helpful for anyone, but the financial aid office themselves told me to go to a different undergrad college so i can spend more money on grad school :slight_smile:

it might mean something… i didn’t see this when regular decisions came out in late march

yikes, thats a bit harsh for them to say. basically if u dont have money, sucks for you? lol

@ourhopeworld haha i know right? basically we can’t qualify for financial aid but we also can’t pay full cost. college costs do kind of suck for most middle class kids that way. i did really value their honesty though, $78k is a little ridiculous imo even though nyu has always been a dream of mine

Sorry but just to make sure, was “FINANCIAL AID YEAR 2020-2021” the part updated or the whole thing

@2024BoiBoi Yes

How do I afford this if I got off? There has to be a way around 78k a year. Someone plz help.

@UCLAParent123 Hey I have all of what you are talking about but I’ve had that for the last few weeks and am on the waitlist for Silver, LSP and CAS. I can also pay the $1000 deposit and my zoom says “member-student” so I don’t think this means anything. I’ve had this all for a while but haven’t been admitted and I applied RD

@UCLAParent123 hi… I have the FINANCIAL AID 2020-2021 on the albert portal as well…Also I got waitlisted for CAS but RD

I would say once you get in immediately appeal for aid, research online how to write a good appeal letter and follow that advice. Second, dorm is a crux of the cost, if u can eliminate that cost it could be up to 20k cheaper. Maybe if you have any family in the city u can crash at their place or maybe rent a studio apt with a couple of other students yk. Ik NYC housing is insanely expensive but if your willing to get away from the city you can find some gems with great roommates. I live on the outskirts of Brooklyn, and its like 14 miles away from NYU, but mta is ur friend. And just cold apply for scholarships if they still available any amount of money would help. Also the situation wit corona over here is not the greatest. Idt NYU will be open for on-campus for at least the first half of the year. So you might save some dorm/tution there.

OMG!!! IT SHOWS THE COSTS AND EVERYTHING NOW!!!

I GOT IN!!!